Cesar Hernandez: a man of many talents & accomplishments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As the University of South Florida student body president, Cesar Hernandez is a familiar face. Charismatic, intelligent and proactive, he’s captured the hearts and attention of USF students during his term, which ends next month.

Here’s his bio from the USF student government website:

“Cesar was born and raised in Brooklyn NY, the first generation born in the U.S from Guatemalan Immigrants. A former NYC high school football player, he was selected to play in the All Brooklyn-All Star team and played for Erie Community College and University of New Mexico. He came to USF in 2008 and is currently pursuing his Bachelor’s Degree in Bio-Medical Science. Cesar is the former President of the USF chapter of Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity Inc. Under his leadership the fraternity achieved many milestones such as the 2009 USF Chapter of the Year, 2009 Florida State Chapter of the Year and 2009 National Chapter of the Year Award. He is the recipient of 2009 Overall Chapter President of the Year, Outstanding Student Leader of the Year, 2009 Florida Undergraduate Brother of the Year, 2009 USF Hispanic Heritage Leader  Honor and 2009 Leadership Legacy Award. Cesar plans to attend Medical School.”

Hernandex recently made headlines for his 24-hour political speech in front of Cooper Hall last week. USF.edu videographer intern Jason Cherres captured highlights throughout the day in this video for USF.edu, the university homepage.

Earlier this month, Hernandex made a trip to Dubai for a conference to make a statement about American Immigration policy and ended up.

USF.edu reported that “Hernandez was one of 13 University of South Florida students led by Office of Sustainability Director Christian Wells and Office of National Scholarships Director Linda Lucas to attend the biennial conference which drew students from more than 300 universities in 140 countries. The event is designed to connect students from across cultures to share ideas and solutions on global challenges.”

Read more about Hernandez’s experience at the conference here with this article and video interview.

Daylina Miller is a senior at the University of South Florida studying multimedia journalism and psychology and anticipates graduating spring 2012. She is a member of the national and USF chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists, Bull Bikers' Association, and the Heavy Metal Enthusiasts Club. She currently writes news features for USF's website and is an avid blogger. Her interests include traveling, writing, tarot, paranormal research and photography. She recently enjoyed a travel/study tour to London and various cities in Ireland and plans on backpacking through Europe after graduation. Being a mermaid didn't pan out and paranormal research won't pay her bills so her ultimate goal is to report for a well-respected daily newspaper or magazine as a multimedia journalist.