Campus Celebrity: Juliette Martin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Juliette is a junior studying in the College of Arts and Sciences, and she is active in fighting many issues including animal welfare, LGBTQ+ and social justices. She is currently active in Roots and Shoots, a club on campus that aims to promote community service, environmental stewardship and animal welfare.The club is currently working with Pizzo Elementary school to help prepare the third grade class for their science fair. The club does volunteer work at a wildlife sanctuary as well.

Martin also is on the diversity committee for the college of arts and sciences, she is the undergraduate representative. The committee focuses on promoting diversity among the USF campus. Previously, she was in Advocates for World Health and S.P.E.A.K. Martin studied abroad in India during her freshman year and had an internship at the Farm Sanctuary in California. In congruency with her promotion of social justices, she presented along with her group research at the Sustainable Food Conference.

Juliette is an incredible asset to the USF community. Her drive to better the issues that are causing injustices among society will allow her to assist the world one day. Martin hopes to become a lawyer after obtaining her Bachelors degree, and will use her knowledge gain at USF to help the environment and public interest. She strives to represent those who are under represented along with their communities. Her aspirations for the future are purely focused on assisting those who cannot assist themselves and are being taken advantage of. She is incredibly talented, smart and has a heart of gold. She is driven to assist others and is selfless.

Besides traveling to India, Martin has also travelled to serval European countries. She is currently learning French, a language most her family speaks. She’s learning the language in order to be cable to communicate with citizens globally and allow her voice to reach international levels. Among being culturally exposed she hopes to learn more about the world and the vast cultures in it. Martin wishes to visit countries that are not westernized, in order to see how the world is perceived through other views. 

The student is full of ideals to further help societal injustices. She states that ethics is incredibly important and should be focused on more. The student also feels that the decisions society makes should be executed with the highest amount of evaluation by having the main goal of every issue to end with the level of happiness for each party as a main priority.

To end her little bio, the student wishes to state “Try to understand people from a deeper level and the system your living in on a deeper level, try to always be kind to people. Don’t take things at face value, question everything to better society. Also think about all the waste your producing when your buying useless things…Everything you do should have an ethical purpose… but also have fun and take care of yourself… rant, rant, rant.” 

Hello everyone!My name is Jackie. I love writting, fashion and music. Go Bulls!
Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.