3 Reasons to Watch “Supernatural”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Supernatural, the popular sci-fi show that follows the demon-hunting adventures of brothers Sam and Dean Winchester, returns to the CW on October 12. Here’s three reasons you should watch it:

1.   The show is on Netflix with all the seasons to catch up on before season 13 premieres. The ending of season 12 leaves all fans in suspense, from the death of a beloved character who helps saves the boys to two other characters trapped in a different world. Dean and Sam also have a surprise waiting for them in their own world. What’s going to happen in season 13? Supernatural fans have tons of speculations: Will the show bring back an old character from one of the earlier seasons? The anticipation for the new season is real for the fans who can’t wait to see what happens. 

2.   The men on this show are gorgeous! The characters on this show are so good looking. The fans can’t get enough of these men. The men on Supernatural are not just sexy—they’re also sensitive, funny, passionate, adorable, badass and more. You can’t help but fall in love with these characters. The fans even pick favorites. Breanna Deshaw said her favorite is “Dean, obviously, he can slay my demon any day!” USF student Courtney Holzwarth said, “Dean, because I like his personality in the show and determination to protect the people he loves.” Holzwarth added that she loves all the characters equally because she relates to them in different ways.

3.   The fans don’t just love the characters on this show but the show itself. Supernatural is a sci-fi show about two brothers hunting supernatural beings and monsters. It’s based around their lives as hunters following the family business: saving people and hunting things. They hunt supernatural beings such as demons, angels, spirits, witches, werewolves, vampires and other monsters. “I love Supernatural because it’s rare that a show can be so popular and meaningful, funny, and get such an emotional response from so many different people,” said USF student Samantha Canning. “The show is about family, and this family is something that’s very relatable and easy to identify with.” As the beloved Bobby Singer said, “Family doesn’t end with blood.” Katrina Chambers said, “I love the intense twist and turns [Supernatural] gives you and the cliffhangers that some of the seasons leave you off with.”

Supernatural premiered on September 13, 2005. If you haven’t seen this show I suggest watching it and discovering the Winchester brothers and their journeys. I promise you’ll be glad you did! 

Photos courtesy of Supernatural‘s Facebook page.

Writer for Her Campus at USF. Mass Comm. major at USF. Dream job to work for Cosmopolitan in New York.