free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What to Expect During Trump’s First 100 Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

It is official, Donald Trump is our 45th president and no matter how you feel about that it is both interesting and informative to know what he wants to do. The first 100 days of his administration being in power can set the tone for the rest of his term. It will show not only the different policy areas he will address but also how he interacts with congress, the Supreme Court and outside players such as the media. Here is a tentative agenda for Trump’s first 100 days in office to “Make America Great Again.”

Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/greener-pastures-await-retiring-members-congressional-afterlife/story?id=21548237

Cleaning Up Washington

1. Time To Amend: Draft a Constitutional Amendement to create term limits on all congressional members

2. Job Freeze: A period to freeze hiring of federal employees to reduce the workforce. He points out that this does not include the military, public safety, or public health officials.

3. Regulations: Require that two preexisting regulations must be thrown out before a new one can be put in place.

4. Lobbying: Place a 5 year ban on White House officials and members of Congress from becoming a lobbyist and permanently prohibit these same officials from lobbying on behalf of another country. Also wants to ban any raising of money for American elections by foreign lobbyists.

Source: http://americanlookout.com/jpb-the-trump-effect-millions-of-workers-expected-to-leave-their-jobs-in-hopes-for-a-better-one/

Protecting American Workers

1. World Involvement: He intends to renegotiate NAFTA or possibly withdraw from the deal. Also, he plans to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a multinational trade agreement that was a highlight of Obama’s presidency.

2. Trade Abuse: Demand the Secretary of Commerce and the U.S. Trade Representative to compile a list of foreign trade abuses and put them to an end. On top of that, he wants the Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

3. Jobs: Lift the restriction on producing more jobs through the American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas, and clean coal industries.

4. Climate Change: Reverse the decision regarding the Keystone Pipeline to move the project forward. Plans to cancel billions of dollars in payments to U.N. climate change programs.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/trump-signs-executive-order-on-obamacare/

Restore The Rule of Law

1. Goodbye Obama: Trump plans to reverse or cancel every executive action, executive order, or memorandum he deems unconstitutional.

2. Supreme Court: He plans to begin the process of selecting a nominee to replace Justice Scalia. He currently has short list of 20 different judges.

3. Immigration: Remove 2 million illegal immigrants from the United States and suspend immigration from high risk areas. He is a strong advocate for what he calls extreme  vetting.

On top of these three areas of attack, he plans on working with congress on a multitude of legislation changes such as repealing and replacing the Affordable Care Act and the End Illegal Immigration Act which would fund, and later be refunded by Mexico, the infamous wall along our shared border with Congress.

We are at a very unique time in our country’s history. A person with no previous political experience now holds the highest office in our federal government. Emotions vary immensely when it comes to Donald Trump’s administration taking office: anger, fear, uncertainty, hopefulness, happiness, or even exhaustion stemming from the controversial campaign.  With the constant question, “what is going to happen next?” it is important to be informed of what Donald Trump’s administration is attempting to get done and how it is going to impact you, which we can get a glimpse of during his first 100 days.  

Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!