Spring Cleaning, Haircut Edition: Go Short or Go Home!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

1. Brooklyn Decker’s Layered Bob
This hairstyle works best on Collegiettes with strong, square jaws. The soft locks of hair in the front soften the sharp lines of the face, and the haircut is just short enough for the warm weather ahead.

2. Emma Watson’s Pretty Pixie
If you have a round face like this Harry Potter star, a short, smooth pixie will really set off your features. Go with longer bangs in this style, so you can sweep them to the side like Emma does here for a classier, more polished look.

3. Halle Berry’s Edgy Layers
This style can work on any face shape, if you’re daring enough to go for it! Halle’s cut features thick, chunky layers on top, with trimmed, smooth sides. Pair this look with feminine makeup or a floral dress to tie it together.

4. Evan Rachel Wood’s Rockabilly Crop
With an Elvis-inspired pompadour and gentle highlights, Evan Rachel Wood manages to look tough and flirty at the same time. Try out her style if you don’t want to go Emma Watson short, but still want to change up your style for the summer.

5. Tao Okamoto’s Beatles Bowl
You definitely need an expert stylist for this cut, but if done correctly, it’s right on the cutting edge. It’s definitely a cut to commit to. Make sure your stylist keeps the cut very smooth and rounded, so you don’t get extreme edges. 

6. Jenny McCarthy’s Slick Cut
If you want a versatile cut that will last you into the fall, try Jenny McCarthy’s face-framing bob. A side-part and smoky eyes set off this look, which can be easily transformed into beachy waves or a cute updo.

—–

Mary Bryce Hargis is a sophomore at the University of  Southern California   majoring in Cognitive Science. After  graduation, she wants to combine her   two passions,  psychology and law, into one high-powered career as a   Trial Consultant. She’s a transfer student from George  Washington University in Washington, D.C., which she  decided was entirely too cold  for her. She enjoys taking  advantage of the balmy Los Angeles weather with trips to  Venice Beach, Topanga Canyon, and the Griffith  Observatory. Born and raised in North Carolina, Mary Bryce is a southern girl at heart, but she has been majorly influenced by the Best Coast. In her free time, she likes to eat chocolate, watch True Blood, tweet, and go to USC Football games. 

Mary Higgins is a junior at USC majoring in Cognitive Science and minoring in Psychology and Law. She's originally from North Carolina (and will always be a southern girl), but she can't get enough of the Southern California sunshine. She enjoys sweet tea with lemon, working on her first original research project in social neuroscience, Trojan Football, and watching videos of baby elephants.
After crawling around Honolulu, Hawaii as a toddler, exploring various cultures in Singapore as an elementary schooler, and roaming the exciting streets of Seoul, Korea as a teenager, Nicole finally made her way to the University of Southern California. Currently a junior Communication major, she's still trying to figure out what exactly it is she wants to do, but is looking to someday be involved with a career that will allow her to incorporate her love for writing, fashion, and the entertainment business. In her downtime, she loves to read blogs, eat sweets, embrace her inner shopaholic, watch movies, swoon over Mad Men, and laugh it up with her friends.