This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

Leavey Library is more packed than Santa’s workshop, Postmates has gifted you with free delivery on Starbuck’s Peppermint Mochas and Gingerbread Lattes, The Row is “lit” with twinkling lights, and you’ve worn your Mrs. Claus dress one too many times…This can only mean one thing…It’s almost time to hop on the big red sleigh and head home for the holidays! But don’t forget the way you make spirits bright and bring holiday cheer at USC isn’t exactly happening around the Christmas tree at home . Guaranteed this list will guide you through the holidays at home better than Rudolph’s red nose on a foggy night!

1. The only man coming home with you is the gingerbread man.

2. Tell your ex from home that the man in the big red suit has already reserved his lap for you.

3. Remember, it’s JUST eggnog in your cup.

4. You can ho, ho, ho, all you want on The Row, but cover up in your ugly sweater when mingling with Grandma and Grandpa over hot coco.  

5. Almost any gift can be returned, so make sure to stay on the nice list and save the coal for a cozy fire.

6. When it comes to curfews, contact Santa for private lessons on how to navigate through the chimney.

7. Baking and decorating cookies will become your new hobby…or eating sugar cookie dough and gaining the “holiday 15”.

8. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen…Reign up all your hometown friends for an evening on the town.

9. Imagine you have someone to kiss under mistletoe.

10. Drown your finals sorrow in candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.

You’re ready to SLEIGH the holidays at home!

Erika is a junior at the University of Southern California. She is majoring in Human Biology, with an emphasis in the Science of Human Performance. She hopes to minor in journalism or communications. When she is not studying, you can catch Erika dancing down the streets of Los Angeles, or writing in her quirky blog. Unlike the average individual, she aspires to leave the California sunshine, and venture to the hustle and bustle of New York City. While there, her dream is to interview and write for a dance magazine, while pursuing her passion as a dancer.
Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!