This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

A Q& A with USC’s Club Lacrosse Captain

Basics:

Name: Kylie Wong

Position: Midfield, transitioning to Goalie (aka goalie wannabe)

Year: Senior going on Super Senior #architecture

Hometown: Irvine, CA

Major: Architecture

Role as Captain: Leading stretches/shuttles, being vocal and positive for team morale, being awesome.

HC USC: What will you miss most about the team?

Kylie Wong: I’ll miss the friendships and spending borderline unhealthy amounts of time together on away weekends; I’ve played with these seniors for the last four years and we’ve built strong chemistry on and off the field.

HC USC: What won’t you miss about the team?

KW: Fitness testing. No more timed miles for me!

HC USC: Favorite lax memory?

KW: Beating Cal Poly in Double OT Freshman year at the Shootout.

HC USC: Why do you play?

KW: In 7th grade I was jealous of my older brother who was playing, so he was the first one to teach me to hold a stick. From then, I just fell in love with the sport and the adrenaline that comes with it. Awesome teammates are a nice bonus too :)

HC USC: Most embarrassing lax memory?

KW: Probably having my voice crack on more than one occasion when leading a cheer.

HC USC: Silliest lax memory?

KW: In high school, we would wear our Halloween costumes to the practice before Halloween. Anyone with wings was screwed.

HC USC: Worst injury sustained while playing?

KW: I got a pretty bad concussion freshman year at the Santa Barbara Shootout; got tackled by my own teammate and landed on my head.

HC USC: Dreams for the future?

KW: Working for a design firm and creating awesome things to help people.

HC USC: Favorite quote?

KW: “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” -Eric Thomas

HC USC: Favorite restaurant visited on a lax trip?

KW: BJ’s pizookie in Arizona (and watching Kylie K. cry when she ate it).

HC USC: What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator?

KW: Sriracha, Orange Juice, Left-overs from the night before.

HC USC: What superstition do you believe in?

KW: Making a wish on 11:11

HC USC: What’s your favorite lax pun?

KW: It’s a sport where we play with sticks and balls…the dirty puns practically write themselves

HC USC: How do you organize your sock drawer?

KW: I don’t.

HC USC: Replace your celebrity crushes’ last name with your favorite food

KW: Sam Garlic Breadford (Sam Bradford, QB for the Eagles)

Spot me at USC making a fire playlist on Spotify or cracking a classic dad joke.    
Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!