A Fabulous Facial at Bliss Spa!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to make a trip to the Bliss Spa at the W Hotel in Westwood with my sister to get their ‘fabulous facial.’  Having never gotten a facial before, I wasn’t sure what to expect but knew that the treatment would involve a variety of face creams/products, lots of face touching, and much relaxation.

When I first entered the Spa, I was taken aback by how aesthetically appealing the facility was.  The furniture in the locker room and the lounge was so stylish (not to mention modern!) and the spread of snacks in the lounge paired with the fruit-flavored water made for an extra enjoyable wait period.

After changing into a robe in the locker room and filling out a form (which allowed the technicians to cater to my personal preferences) in the chic lounge, I was soon led into a dimly-lit room.  My beautician, Rosalina, then politely excused herself before I undressed and got comfy in the heated bed.  The treatment lasted about an hour and consisted of oxygen masks, some slightly painful extractions, and a bunch of warm towels being placed on my face.   Before we paid, we were shown a customized basket of suggested products (picked out by our individual beauticians) to take home, ending the perfect treatment with some goodies.

Overall, the trip to Bliss was well worth it and my sister and I have decided to head back two more times before the year ends!  And though the “Being Brainy Is A Beautiful Thing” promotion ended just last week, be sure to pick up a Back to School Bath Caddy for $35 on the Bliss website or to make an appointment for one of their amazing treatments!

After crawling around Honolulu, Hawaii as a toddler, exploring various cultures in Singapore as an elementary schooler, and roaming the exciting streets of Seoul, Korea as a teenager, Nicole finally made her way to the University of Southern California. Currently a junior Communication major, she's still trying to figure out what exactly it is she wants to do, but is looking to someday be involved with a career that will allow her to incorporate her love for writing, fashion, and the entertainment business. In her downtime, she loves to read blogs, eat sweets, embrace her inner shopaholic, watch movies, swoon over Mad Men, and laugh it up with her friends.