Life > Experiences

Campus Cuties: Plural Edition, The Ultimate Couple Goals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

They both stand above six feet, with skin as gold as the morning sun. Hand in hand, the two could be mistaken for Tom and Gisele as they float across campus. Her honey strung highlights exemplify the perfect shade of blonde, and his smile warms you like the Los Angeles sun. Not only are their physical features unearthly, but their athletic abilities also exceed the normal human expectation. As two Division I athletes here at USC, with physical features that are unparalleled, Nick Bell and Elise Ruddins are undoubtedly going to be your new #CoupleGoals (and make you cry).

Major/Sport:

Elise: Communications with a Minor in Design, USC Women’s Indoor Volleyball

Nick: International Relations Global Business, USC Men’s Water Polo

HC USC: How Long Have You Two Been Together?

Elise: Almost 1 year 1/2 on March 4th

Nick: One year and 6 months

HCO: What Is Your Favorite Thing To Do For A Date?

Elise: The beach, Mexican food and then binge watch Netflix while eating gummy worms

Nick: Boboa dates and quick trips to LA Live.

HC USC: Name Three Adjectives to Describe The Other.

Elise: Caring, Strong, Smart

Nick: Ambitious, Sociable, Creative

HC USC: Favorite Thing About Your Sport?

Elise: The feeling I get when my teammates and I are doing our victory dance after a win with the band, and just feeling the energy and joy, knowing how hard we worked for that win.

Nick: It’s exciting and fast paced. It’s also a quality team sport, which I like.

HC USC: Where Was The First Place You Said “I Love You”?

Elise: When we were watching a movie at my house

Nick: Her house

HC USC: What Is Your “Couple Song” ?

Elise: We don’t have an official couple song, but we do both love Bad Blood featuring Kendrick Lamar though

Nick: Bad Blood

HC USC: Favorite Couple Memory?

Elise: When we first started dating I had to get my tonsils removed and right when I got home after my surgery Nick came over with the most beautiful flowers and a get well soon card that I still have where he wrote “i love you” for the first time (even before either of us had said it).  He kept me company all day long and we watched movie after movie, show after show. He put me in the best mood ever, and I’ll never forget how he made me felt that day.  

Nick: My first trip with Elise to the mountains and when we saw snow together are two of my most favorite memories. There are so many good ones though.

Are you balling tears of envy yet? I know I am. Look for these “Campus Cuties” around campus and don’t be afraid to say hi.