10 Things to Do Before Graduating USC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

I’m graduating this May! All of a sudden, I’m thinking about all the things I wish I did. But you know what – it’s not too late! Here’s a list of ideas for you to live your last semester to the fullest! Even if you’re not graduating yet, it doesn’t mean you can’t do the things listed here!

• Get a milkshake at Ground Zero: They’re the best. No joke. They even have a secret menu – the Funfetti is to die for. If you find out what the rest of their secret milkshakes are, tell me!
  • Explore every building on campus: USC has a lot to offer in terms of architecture. Go into the buildings you’ve never had a chance to walk through. See what kinds of people hang out there. Talk to them. Life’s too short to not take chances.
  • Eat at Armando’s Food Truck:  They have the best breakfast burritos. EVER. It’s hard to say where they’re located, but as their business card says “ask around, you’ll find us.”
  • Eat at local food venues in general: There’s a Farmer’s Market every Tuesday. Jacks n Joe just opened up – they have amazing pancakes and omelets. La Barca has an awesome happy hour. Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles is a must.
  • Go to a lecture or seminar for the sake of learning something new: Have you always wanted to take a class but couldn’t fit it into your schedule? Are you interested in a particular topic? What are you waiting for! Sit in on a class or check out the Arts and Events calendar to see what’s going on.
  • Check out student performances: USC has a lot of talent. The Thornton Popular Music Program puts on regular shows at Ground Zero. Many comedy improv groups also put on shows there. There are plays every semester.
  • Go to a party at the Row: Even if you’re not a party person, it couldn’t hurt to go once and experience the Greek Life.
  • Go to Traddies: Maybe it’s overrated but music, drinks, and friends are always great!
  • Visit museums: The Science Center is right across campus and it’s free! La Brea Tar Pits is also free. Other museums will offer you a discount if you show your USC ID.
  • Join a club or group: USC brings the best and brightest together. Get out there and meet new people, form partnerships, have fun! Make the most of your college years by spending them with other amazing people.

Merisenda Bills is a senior majoring in Broadcast and Digital Journalism at USC. She is double minoring in Digital Studies and Interactive Media and the Culture of New Technologies. She is also in the Honors in Multimedia Scholarship Program. She has a passion for writing, photography, and all things multimedia and hopes to find a job doing these things when she graduates college. When she's not running around working on a story, she's doing crafty things like crocheting and painting. She lives her life to the fullest without regrets.