10 Best Dressed Guys on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC chapter.

I know you’ve seen all these men around campus, here’s a list of the top ten best dressed.  

1. The ever present frat guy – You’ve seen that guy, you’ve probably made out with him. Your best dressed frat guy is most probably sporting a backwards cap, a kappa kappa gametime tee and some beautiful J-crew neon shorts that give us a sneak preview of that farmers tan. They’ve probably peaked. Catch them while they’re hot, ladies. 

2. The Thornton Hipster – With their guitar slung casually over their back, the time for skinny jeans is all the time. Somehow, between practicing chord progressions and making you feel insecure about your taste in music, they had time to snag a denim jacket and a flannel that they will wear simultaneously over an obscure band tee, LA heat be dammed. Remember The Breakfast Club? In this version, John Bender plays a Fender. 

3. The Professor – From TA to tenure, the best dressed PhD always sports a skinny tie, some polished loafers, and a nice button up. But don’t be fooled. He is NOT a member of a boy band. The fact that he can spout Proust and distinguish the cerebral cortex from the frontal lobe is just icing on the cake. See you at office hours ;) 

4. The Pledge -The onesie is temporary but brotherhood is forever. 

5. The Athlete – We all know these men are GQ status underneath those Adidas track pants, practice jerseys and classic black backpacks. These men are hard to come by, but if you wait around Lyon Center for long enough, these hover board riding gods will show you how to ride. 

6. The Cinema School Hipster –
(See #2, substitute music taste for film taste, add one cup of humiliation and a dash of loathing when you realize they’ve monopolized the Cinema School Coffee Bean … again.) 

7. The East coast prep – These illegal immigrants have exchanged New England fall for year round summer and ironic El Niño Twitter statuses. As hard as they try, they cannot escape their Vineyard Vines and sperry topsiders. We forgive them because Gilmore Girls and Gossip Girl are #goals, but every time they call California Cali, a palm tree dies and an In-n-Out location closes.

8. The West coast – Attention: locals only. These natives know how to properly work a pair of chubbies, Rainbows and a man bun, even while causing minor acts of traffic related mayhem on their long board. Aloha shirts and ray bans encouraged but not required. 

9. Trojan – those who sport USC apparel.  We get it, you go here. Between the ever present USC key chain, the seasonal bucket hat (only recently switched out for the USC Christmas sweater), and the USC sweat suit, we all know that football season never ended for you. Points for school spirit, extra points for making it easy to know where to return you if you get lost. 

10. The Freshman – Still high off of getting assigned to New North (or nursing their ego after having to settle for Pardee), these fresh faced gentlemen are rocking their frat house finest, even if it means repeating a shirt a few days in a row. Cut them a break– they still don’t know how to use the building laundry machine. 

Hey there! My name is Katherine Lee, but I go by Moi- a childhood nickname that has stuck throughout my entire life.  I am originally from the Bay Area and now I'm student at the Annenberg School of Communications and Journalism at USC.  The one thing I love more than hitting the gym is hitting every good restaurant wherever I am.  A foodie and a gym rat makes me quite a contradictory person, but I hey- I just like to keep things interesting!