PAK Creative Director Marina de Jager

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.

This week we spoke to the Performing Arts Kollective Founder and Creative Director Marina de Jager to give us some insight into PAK and how she started it all.

Marina with two other PAK members.

Her Campus USC: Why did you create PAK?

Marina: I was one of the original founders of PAK in January 2012. I became informed as I have also had a love and passion for the performing arts and what a great opportunity it was to do something that I loved at my own uni. 

HC: What is the official name of your degree?

Marina: Bachelor of Business: Tourism, Leisure and Event Management majoring in International Business. 

HC: What is your biggest passion?

Marina: I have a big passion for the performing arts and sharing it with students. I believe that everyone should have an opportunity to being able to perform. 

HC: Do you have any plans for your future after PAK and what are they?

Marina: I would ultimately like to be a professional Producer in the musical theatre industry. The skills that I have been able to develop through PAK will help me with my future goal and career. 

HC: What are your plans for the future with your degree and why did you choose USC?

Marina: I finish my degree at the end of the year. I was offered a combined degree as most universities have tourism as a major and events while USC has it all together. 

HC: What’s your advice for others joining PAK and for other students in your degree?

Marina: Take every opportunity that is presented to you at uni as you never know where it is going to take you. Also join a group on campus either PAK or the many offered on campus. Being brave and become a PAKsters – best choice you will make at USC. You make friends and produce fantastic shows!
Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!