PAK Coordinator Tara Bryan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.
This week we spoke to PAK Coordinator, Tara Bryan who decided to share her experience with PAK with us and with all of you! Read on…

Her Campus USC: Why did you join PAK?

Tara: I have been involved with PAK from the start of 2012. I had been living on the coast for a few years and hadn’t found many performing opportunities for university aged students and PAK was just forming and it appealed to me.

HC: What is the official name of your degree?

Tara: Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science.

HC: What are your biggest passions? Is it your drama skills or your career goals?

Tara: I love helping people achieve their goals, whether it be performing, personal, sporting, academic or professional.

HC: Do you have any plans for your future after PAK and what are they?

Tara: I would love to continue to be involved with the arts after PAK, being involved in the performing arts is a very rewarding experience on both an individual and team level.

Tara in HERS and HIStory.

HC: What are your plans for your future with your degree?

Tara: I would love to work in rehabilitation. I enjoy being able to help people recover from injuries and share with them the personal triumphs that go along with it. 

HC: Why did you choose USC over other universities?

Tara: The location and lifestyle! I lived 4 hours inland and 4 hours between Melbourne and Sydney so it really was not a hard choice for me, when you add the location and welcoming nature of the Sunshine Coast together, it was a perfect fit for me.

HC: What’s your advice for students/staff joining PAK and do you have any advice for other students in your degree?

Tara: To any USC member who might be thinking about joining PAK- come along and check us out, it is al lot of fun. You get to let your hair down between classes and find a whole bunch of creative and passionate performers from all ranges of degrees. For anyone studying any science –  things are always better with more than one brain. Don’t go it alone and above all enjoy it! Thanks for the opportunity to do this Jasmin!

Who should we feature next week? Comment below!

Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!