Mid-Semester Orientation Week 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.

Hey guys and girls! Another Orientation Week is here, so welcome new students!

And to further our welcome to you, here’s some pointers to get through the week…

1. Have fun! Orientation Week is the best week of the entire semester… except for graduation for those few lucky students.

2. Don’t forget the free stuff! Us uni students love anything that is FREE! So get your butt over to campus and score some free gear! Tomorrow is Market Day so there will be many stalls set up for to to browse through…

3. Sign up to the Student Guild and take a Campus Tour with one of the USC Mentors!

4. Remember to grab a free hot dog and enjoy the live entertainment.

5. Attend som of the free workshops like, Time Management, “Budget” is not a Dirty Word and one of the stress less sessions.

6. Attend the Indigenous Cultural Tour to experience to learn about Indigenous wildlife and culture, finishing off with a bush tucker tasting session, yum!

7. Make sure you attend your StartSmart session for your degree – you get to meet most of your teachers and other students in the same degree as you.

8. Don’t forget to get your Student ID Card and attend a USC Deep Dive session to learn about how to use the USC network.

9. Join in on a tour of the library to get to know where you’ll be most of the semester! Trust us, you will spend more time there than you would with your dog!

10. Last but not least, try to attend one of the three trips – The Student Guild bus trip to Dream World or Australia Zoo or the Golden Key Discover the Sunshine Coast Hinterland Tour. All three are worth going, but be prepared to spend a bit of money at Dream World or the zoo, food + drinks = well you know!

So enjoy your last week of freedom before you hit the books next week.

Mooloolaba Beach, Mooloolaba.

HCXO!

Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!