Easter Break Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.

Aah, the last week of classes before the Easter Break. Yes, that’s right! A break from all our hard work is finally here!

You all probably have many, many, many ideas of what you might do on your break – besides studying ofcourse! (Those damn readings!) But we’ve come up with five awesome ideas to make your Easter and the rest of your break extra special! Try these out for size:

1. Have an Easter Party!

The first thing you should always think about is the possibility of throwing a party for any special weekend. Easter is perfect, as you can dress up as a bunny, with bunny ears, a cute outfit and high heels! (Think Legally Blonde or Mean Girls!) You can buy lots of decorations, like, streamers, fake eggs and bunnies and those little chickens that all the kids love! You can also use it as an excuse to make those delicious Easter recipes you’ve been dying to try yourself!

2. Have a girls night!

The girls at HC USC said their favourite nights have always been with their girls, so have a slumber party like old times, eat choccies and have a scavenger hunt! All you need to do is buy some small Easter eggs and place them all around the backyard. If that’s not your thing, then go out on the town and dress up Easter style! Trust us, fun times are to be had!

3. Got a special someone? Have an Easter dinner date!

*Swoon* Have you got a date for the Easter weekend? Or in a long-term relationship? Girls: Cook him a special meal or go out for dinner somewhere you know you both will love. Boys: Take your girl out on a cute Easter picnic and suprise her with a bunny plush and some sweet Easter eggs.

4. Use Easter baskets to spruce up those Easter pressies!

Want to know how to make those Easter gifts just a tad more special? Buy coloured Easter baskets, some coloured fake grass and decorations (and chocolate eggs ofcourse!). Put the grass, the eggs and the decorations in the basket and… voila’! The perfect Easter gift!

5. Last but not least, just relax!

Now remember, we know you have to study to prepare for Week 6, but guess what? You’re entitled to down time too! Just relax by the pool to escape these hot days we’ve been having lately, head to the beach with your best mates, see a movie with your loved one and throw a party! Or better yet, attend that awesome party your friends having…

Happy Easter everyone!

Kisses, J

Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!