7 Mother’s Day Gifts That Will Wow Your Mum!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.

Mother’s Day is only a couple weeks away! So what do you have in mind? If there’s nothing but a tumbleweed blowing around in your mind then read in and find your mum the perfect gift this Mother’s Day! We’ve found a few things you can do or buy on the Coast, that won’t have you spending too much money or driving to whop whoop and back!

1. Organise a High Tea!

Yes, High Tea’s can be expensive, however we’ve found the perfect place (and a cheap place) to have one! Book a High Tea at a Shingle Inn near you, only $27 per person and you get two free drinks as well! Try Shingle Inn in Caloundra or at the Sunshine Plaza in Maroochydore.

2. Buy a few of her favourite things

Buy a cute Mother’s Day gift bag, gift box, wrapping paper etc and gift your mum a bundle of her favourite things. It could be her fave chocolate, something in her fave colour, a book she loves, a DVD, a gift voucher for her fave shop… The possibility are endless! Try the Sunshine Plaza in  Maroochydore, or the little stores in Maleny, Caloundra, Montville, Coolum Beach…

3. Have a baking day together!

What ‘s your mums favourite treats? Choc-chip cookies, strawberry cupcakes, caramel tart… What ever they are, bake them together! The best part? You’ll not only have fun doing it and make a great mess but you get to eat your yummy creations afterwards! Try your local Woolworths, Coles, IGA or any baking specialty stores near you for awesome pre-mixed recipes or try the Betty Crocker website for delcisous Mother’s Day recipes.

4. Head to the Beach!

Try Mooloolaba, Currimundi, Kings Beach, Dickey Beach, Moffat Beach, Noosa or Coolum Beach for some fun in the sun, maybe a little shopping and a coffee! 

5. Take your mum on a shopping trip!

Instead of just heading to the Plaza, let your mum pick out all her fave stores and make a road trip out of it, heading to all her favourite stores and help choose some news clothes, shoes or jewellery! You could even set a budget to make it interesting!

6. Have a picnic in the park!

Head to any of the Coast’s national parks and picnic areas and make some sandwiches, yummy goodies and pack some drinks to enjoy a traditional picnic in the park. Your mum will love you for it! Go one better and take her to her favourite spot!

7. Buy her tickets to an awesome event on the Coast!

Don’t have any other ideas? You could take her to the Body Art Carnivale in Eumundi, you could buy her tickets to a band or singer she likes coming to tour Aus if you can’t get one on the Coast, buy her tickets to the Big Pineapple Music Festival if she likes big crowds or the Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show for a family event. There’s so much to do on the coast! Start planning your gifts now!

Happy Mother’s Day!

Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!