The 10 Best Halloween Hangouts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USC (AU) chapter.

We always get stumped in Australia when it comes to Halloween, but maybe if we had a list of places to visit/party we’d all have an awesome plan ready (and our costumes!) before it hits October 31st!

1.The Apocalypse Undead Festival in conjunction with The Brisbane Zombie Walk, is a fundraising event for the Brain Foundation of Australia. Held on Sunday, October 21 at Victoria Park in Spring Hill, this festival promises to be the biggest zombie party in the world. Mayhem includes live music, make up booths, market stalls, movies, and more. Gates open at 10am while the walk itself begins at 3pm. It will sure to be one hell of a scream!

2. Thriller night club opens every Saturday night at 8pm until 5am Sunday morning! Two events are coming up as well. Tonight, October 19 they’re having a sailor themed dress-up party and on November 2 they’re having their annual Day of the Dead Party! Hit up their Facebook page to buy tickets!

3. Head to the beach! It’s practically summer anyway and the days are getting warmer. You could even buy a Halloween themed bikini and have your own beach party! 

Jasmin Maastricht (me!) and friends on Halloween while on exchange in Mississippi, October 31, 2012.

4. Another great spot to head to is wherever your mates are having a party! Seriously, the parties are the best places to celebrate Halloween!

5. If you’re into heavy metal music then make sure you buy tickets to the Spatial Interaction Tour, where the best and most prominent Australian metal acts take to the stage. Click here for more details.

6. Ever been to the zoo on Halloween? Well now’s your chance! Sunshine Coast’s Australia Zoo has celebrated Halloween every year, so for those international students this is your chance to experience our beautiful zoo in the most craziest way! Click here to be directed to the site for tickets.

7. The Creepshow Halloween Festival! Only $20 a ticket! The festival will take place on Friday, November 2 at The Hi-Fi on 125 Boundary Road, Brisbane. Bands, burlesque dancers  and Dj’s make up this spook-tacular event! It also welcomes all ages so don’t worry if your under 18! Click here for tickets!

8. The Kookaburra River Queens in Brisbane! Takes place November 1st on 1 Eagle Street, Brisbane. Click here for event details.

9. Are you keen to hit the Gold Coast this Halloween? Then head to the Halloween Party at the Southport Yacht Club. And guess what? It’s free! It’s also an all ages event! It’s starts at 9am though… but then that gives you time afterwards to head to some of the best clubs on the Gold Coast! Click here for details!

10. The next best thing to Hallowen is of course having your own party or going trick or treating in your neighbourhood! Yeah so not many people do it… Who cares! It’s so much fun and you get lots of candy!

Happy Halloween!

Jasmin Maastricht is a third year Journalism student at USC, the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus chapter at USC, as well as being one of the 2013 USC Student Mentor's, freelancing for online publication WeekendNotes and interning for Australia's number one online fashion store, Fashionfile. Her passion is Journalism but besides that, Jasmin has always had a strong interest in fashion and entertainment, completing six weeks of work experience with Noosa 101.3fm Community Radio Station and has had the amazing opportunity of working with Australia's number one teenage lifestyle magazines, DOLLY in April 2011 and again in April 2013 and Girlfriend in February, 2013. She has also scored herself internships with the Sunshine Coast's local newspaper, the Sunshine Coast Daily and with Caboolture News. She has been working with both papers eight months now. She has previously worked with Darby Radcliff with the Her Campus Ole Miss chapter while on exchange in Mississippi as well as working with the M s Observer magazine and has never looked back. Email Jasmin at jasminmaastricht@hercampus.com for any questions or getting involved at Her Campus USC or contact her via social media. HCXO!