What I’m Thankful for this Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.
  1. I am thankful for my beautiful family. Every day, I think about how blessed I am to have such a loving and caring family. Without my parents and brother, I would not be the person who I am today. Through the ups and the downs, I am thankful that I have a wonderful family to fall back on when times get tough. Thank you for everything you do and for making the world a better place with your kind and loving hearts.
  2. I am thankful for my friendships. It is difficult to find good, quality friends. It is also difficult to find your soul sisters. I am thankful for my beautiful friends that I have made while being at college. Thank you for being there when I needed you the most. Thank you for supporting me and cheering me on as I go through my college career. Thank you for being my best friends. 
  3. I am thankful for my health and life. Sometimes you need to take a step back and appreciate the life that you live. I am extremely grateful to be in great health and to have the ability to enjoy my life. I am thankful to be alive and be living such a beautiful life.
  4. I am thankful for God. Knowing that there is someone that I can talk to at any time throughout the day is an incredible feeling. I am so thankful for the life that God has given me. He is so understanding and sincere. I am not a perfect Catholic, despite my sins and failures, God is always there for me and I could not be any more grateful.
  5. I am thankful for finally allowing myself to be who I am. I have always struggled with my image and what others think of me. I have finally let go of my silly insecurities and allowed myself to embrace what life has given me. Today, I am thankful for being content and happy with who I am. I am thankful for the people who have given me the strength and confidence to break out of my shell and be my true self.