Things to Do While Procrastinating During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Well, it’s finals season again which also means procrastination is in full effect. Those long hours in the library really take a toll on your brain. It’s only normal to take study breaks and continue to procrastinate. 

Here are some things to do when you are on one of your many study breaks:

Make a new Spotify playlist:

Find some new music to keep you “focused” or create a summer playlist for when you are finally done with the semester! 

Online shopping: 

Summer is near which means being a broke college kid is coming to an end and you can treat yourself! That new phone case you want, now is the time to buy it! A new sundress? Buy it! 

Drives: 

Photo by luigi manga on Unsplash

There is nothing better than escaping the stress of campus during finals week, than a drive around town or to the beach. Just make sure you actually got some work done and can afford to waste a couple of hours away from campus. 

Go to the gym:

Even though you may be exhausted, a quick gym session might wake you up a little bit and give you more energy to get through studying. 

Watch videos on social media:

It starts out so innocently, you are scrolling through Instagram or Facebook and come across a video of someone making food or a funny vine. It then leads to you, an hour later, being hungry or so deep in the thread of funny videos that you can’t turn back.

Calculate your grades:

Almost every college student will procrastinate while studying, calculating their grades and seeing the lowest possible grade that they can on their final to pass the class. With syllabuses and GPA calculators at our disposal, it’s a habit that just can not be broken. 

Eat:

It should be common sense that you should eat if you are hungry while on a study break or procrastinating, but when you are buried in papers, projects and studying you sometimes forget. Note: it is okay to cave on the diet that you were going strong on but that donut will taste so good! 

I'm Natalie Prisco and I am a Senior at the University of Rhode Island majoring in Kinesiology on the Physical Therapy track. I am one of the Campus-Correspondents at URI. In my free time you can catch me going to the gym, hanging out with friends or binge watching Netflix.