This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

So, you have about a million assignments, deadlines, appointments, and plans; trying to store everything in your head probably works until you realize you forgot to do something and begin to stress out. No worries! I’ve been there, done that and I’m going to share with you some tricks I have learned along the way to keep myself organized.

1. Bullet journaling

You’ve probably heard of this organization method a couple times already. There is no surprise that bullet journaling, or BUJO, is such a big hit. Anyone can use it and its flexibility makes it appealing to everyone. How do you start one? Simply grab a blank notebook, a pen and start jotting down plans, ideas, due dates and even track your mood or expenses!

Another thing that’s nice about the bullet journaling system is that it grants you the freedom to explore different ways of writing down all your important notes! If something layout-wise didn’t work out for you last week, you can always change it for the upcoming week. Your bullet journal can grow and change with you and, I don’t know about you, but most planners I know of don’t do that!

BUJOs can also be as simple or as intricate as you would like. Sometimes taking the time to throw in some doodles and slap some stickers in your bullet journal can really motivate you for your upcoming plans. Plus, it’s one less screen to look at!

If you need some inspo, check out AmandaRachLee’s channel, she uploads a new bullet journal setup every month!

2. Clock App

I don’t know why I didn’t start using the built-in clock app my phone has earlier! Not only does it serve as an alarm, it’s also really good for keeping track of the plans you don’t have time to write down. I also like to use the timer when I want to make sure I am staying committed to my two hour study session. Most phones have a clock app and it takes like 3.5 seconds to set up an alarm. Plus, it’s free!

Inspiration Board

Staying motivated always helps me stay organized. What better way to stay motivated than to see everything you want to accomplish right in front of you? You can take a bunch of old magazines and newspapers, clip out some pics and make a collage! You can also collage a bunch of pictures you already have or find some online via Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc. All that’s left is to throw all your pics on a wall, ideally where you will see them often. Good places to set up your inspiration board are above your bed or above your desk! If you have a killer inspiration board, don’t forget to tag us @hercampusuri!

Photo from the Glitter Guide

Hopefully these ideas get you pumped to stay organized ❤

Emma is currently a junior at the University of Rhode Island. She is a double major, majoring in Writing & Rhetoric, and Japanese. Besides being a full time student, she loves spending her free time reading, watching anime, crying/laughing over cat videos, traveling, and is a big foodie. To be apart of all her crazy adventures follow her on Instagram @emmawaleska.