The Month of September as Told By The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

The month of September is a bittersweet one. The freedom of summer has come and gone, but now it’s time to be back at college with all your favorite people. As the homework starts to flood in and you start to get back into the swing of things, September can be a bit of a rollercoaster. Here are a few times that the iconic cast of The Office described it perfectly.

You finally get to see your friends after 3 long months away.

But then you realize that you either have to either cook for yourself or eat gross dining hall food.

The first day arrives and professors start ignoring the concept of “syllabus week” and it just becomes “syllabus day” instead.

You leave your first class already having an essay due at the end of the week, online homework, and reading to do.

Then you accidentally abandon your goal of eating healthy this semester because you need to stress eat… Maybe next week?

Reminding yourself that you’re killing it and can totally be the picture of health this semester.

Coming home after class and exchanging awkward first-month-of-school stories with your friends.  

Falling in love with the puppies on the quad. This is what you live for.

Remembering why you love it here so much, and looking forward to the rest of the rollercoaster of college.  

Hannah is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of URI's chapter of Her Campus. She will graduate from the University of Rhode Island in 2019 with a BA in Communication Studies and a double minor in Business and Writing/Rhetoric. Hannah grew up in York, Maine and followed her love for the ocean to Rhode Island for her undergraduate degree. You can usually find her at the beach with SPF 75 in hand or trying to master a new yoga pose. Check out her Instagram (hannah.k.will) to keep up!