Meet Our Writer: Brooke Conneally

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Meet Our Writer, Brooke Conneally!

Let’s give a friendly “hello” to our brand new writer, Brooke! She’s in the middle of her first year at the University of Rhode Island and is doing great (now that she’s decided to write for Her Campus, of course). Being a Cranston, Rhode Island native, she’s fitting right into the Narragansett college life. 

All Brooke needs in her life is her cuddly cat, which is the main reason she takes occasional trips home. Brooke describes herself as kind and observant, but also has a bit of sarcasm in her. Brooke hasn’t quite decided to major in public relations or journalism, but she does know that she wants to use her communication minor to become a public relations specialist for a company like Aerie because of their passion for “self love for all body shapes and ethnicities.” 

“She has fire in her soul and grace in her heart.” This quote by an unknown author is one that Brooke lives by, which makes sense why she would love to promote peace and equality among all humans.  

Because of the peachy-ness color and sweet scent of peaches, Brooke would compare herself to one if asked what fruit she shares the most in common with. After spending her summer eating a bunch of Georgia peaches, Brooke would travel to Japan to eat different flavors of “delicious Ramen.” Then she would take a road trip with some friends down to Ken’s Ramen in downtown Providence for some native-style ramen. I don’t know about you, but that sounds good to me!  

Thanks for taking a biographical journey with me to meet our new awesome writer, Brooke! Be sure to take a peek at her articles each week! 

Hi! My name is Megan Collamati and I'm a junior at the University of Rhode Island.  I am currently studing journalism and sustainability. I'm born and raised in the beautiful state of Rhode Island and am always excited to learn new things. Thanks for taking a look at my articles!