How to Get Back into the College Groove After Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

So you’ve been out of school for a whole month…here’s how to get right back into the swing of things and make this your best semester yet!

1. Use a Planner 

*Photo Courtesy of Unsplash*

We all wish we could be more organized and not the serial procrastinators that we are. Try using a planner to keep you on track this semester. Weekly, monthly,  or whatever works best for you!

2. Get Ahead

*Photo Courtesy of Aaron Burden*

No one ever wants to do this but, if you think about it, it’ll benefit you a ton in the long run. When you get a homework assignment, don’t wait until the night before it’s due to start working on it. Try starting it the second you learn the material!

3. Stick to Your Resolutions

*Photo Courtesy of Brooke Lark*

Even though most people don’t stick to their New Year’s resolutions, you still can! You may be thinking that, since you’re back at school, you can’t keep up with your resolution(s).

Newsflash: you still can!

If you vowed to get in better shape, go to the gym! Eat healthier! Get more sleep! You can do it, I believe in you.

4. Make Goals

*Photo Courtesy of Jordan Whitfield*

At the end of each semester, I make goals for the next one. They don’t have to be anything crazy. For some of you it may be to simply pass a class. For others it may be to get a 4.0 GPA. Any goal is better than nothing and should motivate you to do your best. 

Hey everyone! My name is Cassie and I am from Connecticut. I am a junior at URI majoring in pharmaceutical sciences. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with that major yet but hey, that's what college is for! I am obviously a apart of the URI Her Campus chapter and I am also a member of the Colleges Against Cancer here at URI. In this club, we plan the annual URI Relay for Life which is held down in Mackal Field House. I am so excited for our Her Campus launch and to be writitng weekly articles for you all :)