The College Girl’s Guide to Fall TV Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Fall is a great season. Football games are starting, Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes are finally back and flannels and sweaters are being worn more as the days go on.  Though the one thing that gets me pumped for the fall are the TV shows starting up. Whether a show is a brand new series or is returning to the air for a new season, this season offers many TV shows that are perfect for the binge-watching college student.

Dancing with the Stars. Season premiere: 09/14 on ABC

The first couple episodes may have already passed but the lineup for the 21st season sounds amazing. Be sure to catch Tamar Braxton, Nick Carter, Paula Deen, Andy Grammer and many more on this season of Dancing with the Stars.

RAMTV Channel: 06

Scream Queens. Series premiere: 09/22 on FOX

CALLING ALL SORORITY GIRLS! This brand new horror series is set in a place where a vast percentage of URI girls know best – a sorority house. The sisters of Kappa Kappa Tau are horrified after multiple murders occur on their school’s campus.  My prediction is that most of the attention will be directed toward Nick Jonas, who is playing a super cute frat guy. 

RAMTV Channel: 11

Grey’s Anatomy. Season premiere 09/24 on ABC

*Last season Spoiler Alert included*

I’m indecisive if Grey’s Anatomy is going to be worth the watch since there’s no more Derek Shepherd, but I’m definitely willing to let Shonda Rhimes prove me wrong.  If you don’t already watch Grey’s Anatomy yet, you have until September 24th at 8 PM to get to Netflix and watch the first 11 seasons. It’s 100% worth it… Make sure the tissues are handy.

RAMTV Channel: 06

Grandfathered. Series premiere: 09/29 on FOX

In this brand new comedy, John Stamos plays a bachelor who suddenly learns that he’s not only a father, but a grandfather as well. It feels like just yesterday that John Stamos played Uncle Jesse and now he is officially Grandpa Jimmy. It’s also a definite fact that no matter what his familial status is, John Stamos will always be attractive.

RAMTV Channel: 11

Saturday Night Live. Season premiere: 10/03 on NBC

SNL is back for its 41st season this October. The schedule for the first few weeks are far from disappointing, including Miley Cyrus, Amy Schumer, Tracy Morgan, The Weeknd and Demi Lovato. 

RAMTV Channel: 10

Supergirl. Series premiere: 10/26 on CBS

Last but not least, Supergirl. I think that Supergirl is a totally appropriate show to add to this lineup. After all, this is HER Campus… Right?! This show tells the story of a girl who decides to display her superpowers to the world after keeping them a secret for many years. Sounds empowering to me!

RAMTV Channel: 09

Happy watching, collegiette’s.
Sabrina is a senior at URI studying public relations. She is originally from MA but has found a home in the Ocean State. A peer mentor, sister of Kappa Delta sorority, and HC Campus Correspondent at URI, she loves being involved on campus. If she could describe herself in a few words, she would say she's a driven individual with a huge heart who's obsessed with all things fashion, music, and adventurous.