8 Reasons Why Summer is Better Than Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at URI chapter.

Did this cold weather creep up on anybody else or is it just me? I could’ve sworn I was just grilling hot dogs by the pool on the fourth of July in 80-degree weather. I’d much rather be surrounded by beautiful beaches and palm trees rather than trees covered in snow and icicles. Oh no, the words snow and icicles almost made me shed a tear. If summer is your favorite season, you will understand where I’m coming from.

Here are 8 reasons why winter could never compete for the best season spot.

1.You can go to the beach, all day, every day. Not saying that you can’t go to the beach in the winter, because I do that too, but it’s better when the sun is warm and shining. The sand feels so good against my feet and having a good tan afterwards is worth sweating in the sun.

2. Sun kissed skin. When you’re always outside, your skin has to turn some shade of gold or bronze, right? Being a blonde is harder to get that dark look but in the summer it comes natural.

3. Every days a party. If you’re lucky and have crazy fun friends, every day will be a new adventure during the summer. Pool parties and staying up until the sun comes up is the lime light of those glorious summer days.

4. Ice cream shops are always open. If you aren’t spending the summer night out and about with your friends or late night swimming, you have probably asked in the group chat a thousand times “want to get ice cream?” Most of the time, or one hundred percent of the time, on my part, everyone will want to go. Cookie dough ice cream never tastes so good on a summers evening.

5. You get to spend every day with your best friends. Practically living with your best friends all summer is just what it’s all about. Waking up and going out to breakfast to reminisce on everything that happened the night before is a ritual almost every weekend. Going home for an hour and realizing you’re bored because you’ve spent the past week sleeping on your best friends couch is such a bittersweet feeling.  

6. Summer love. This is the love that you kind of never want to end and wish it would last into the fall. Fun dates and town carnival hangouts are nice for a few months until you realize its time to part in August. Summer loves are a whimsical touch to the warm breeze. 

7. Amusement park weather. A fun day spent on rides that will test you biggest fear of heights is always a thrill.

8. Long outside runs. Last but not least, my favorite part about the beautiful summer months. Ever feel distressed or distraught and need a moment to yourself to breathe and re-group? The warm air and cool feel of an ocean run can bring you back down to earth.

Kind of feeling like this post is too much of a tease considering the weather just got a lot colder. But don’t worry ladies, only 244 days until the first day of summer. Stock up on some cute fall clothes and begin your countdown until you can finally bring out those cute suits and summer dresses!

Please write a short bio here! And don't forget to add a photograph!!