absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Women Entrepreneurs: Sugar Rush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Esther M. Avilés Bosques has always been very creative, smart, and goal oriented. She enjoys working out and is really into music, but her biggest passion is baking. As we sat down and talked about her passion for baking and how it all began she said, “my father owned a bakery, so I remember waking up early in the morning to help him with the pastries. Even if it was at a very young age, somehow I knew this is exactly where I belonged.”

Esther graduated from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez campus with a Bachelors in Science in Business Administration specializing in Marketing, and a certification in Entrepreneurship in 2013. Later on she continued her dream and graduated with a diploma in Baking and Pastry Arts in the Art Institute of Tampa, FL. She had already started her own business in 2011 while she was in UPRM, but it wasn’t until November 14, 2014 that Sugar Rush  opened its door. As her slogan says, “Making the world a Sweeter Place,” and she is certainly doing so.  Which is located in Calle Calazán Lasalle 105B Moca, Puerto Rico. Sugar Rush opens Monday through Fridays from 7:00 am till 5:00 pm and Saturdays from 7:00 am till 2:00 pm.

Esther was even featured in a TV show here in Puerto Rico called, “Pegate al mediodia.” She was interviewed because she was a successful women entrepreneur. In the show, she was able to explain a bit about her concept.

Not only does her shop offers amazing pastries and delicious coffee, but it also has all day breakfast and a variety of wraps and sandwiches. However, her dreams don’t stop at Sugar Rush; another goal she has set for herself is to have her very own wedding cake bake shop. She continues to work hard and accomplish her goals in order to make a name for herself in the industry, and make her younger self proud of the woman she’s become.  

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sugar_rush_cafe/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SugarRushPuertoRico/

Currently an undergraduate at UPRM, english major. My life is an open book so I enjoy allowing others to read me. It's my way of telling a stranger that even if they don't know me, they can relate to what is ever going on in their lives. I am one part anxiety, half uncertainty and the other half curiosity. I laugh at almost everything, obsessed with pineapples and in love with photography. I am all about simplicity and I only function with caffeine.
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.