Rebel Girl Must-Haves: Resistance Gear

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

If you’ve never been to a protest or camp-out demonstration, the prep can seem a bit daunting–but it doesn’t have to be! This checklist will help you stay healthy, fresh and occupied while you’re out.

1. Sunny Gear

Protect yourself from the sun! Stay in the shade but be sure to wear sunblock, sunglasses and a cap or floppy hat.

2. Snacks, snacks, snacks

Eat well while you’re out! Pack healthy and protein-packed snacks to eat in-between meals, such as nut bars, granola and trail mix. Fruits and veggies also make great snacks–try apples, mandarin oranges or baby carrots.

3. Extra clothes and overnight gear

This includes sleeping bags, pillows, flashlights and extra batteries.

4. Personal Health Items

Needless to say, if you need to take regular medication you should bring it with you. This also includes first-aid necessities such as antihitemines and Band-Aids.

5. Toiletries

Pack items such as toothpaste, your toothbrush, pads or tampons, shampoo and soap, and more. We recommend Steripod toothbrush protectors, Summer’s Eve vaginal wipes and Secret Deodorant to stay fresh!

6. Entertainment

Be prepared for long hours with your fellow re-sisters! If you have group activities such as instruments, board games and card games, it’s always a good idea to bring them as fun ice-breakers. 

7. Readings and Study Materials

It’s always a good idea to stay on top of your course materials. Consider following your syllabi and study guides–and it’s a solid place to start a study group!

Her Campus at UPRM