“I Fell in Love with the DJ”- Omar Díaz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Last week Her Campus UPRM celebrated a dazzling Birthday Bash at Aljibe. The party was rocking and electric, as DJ Dazzi made us dance with his beats. Wondering were those moves came from, I approached the music table and spotted this week’s Campus Cutie.

Right now, you might be distracted by those huge biceps mixing clever music, but there is a lot more to be fascinated about. Omar is an engineer in process, a visionary with very clear goals in mind and a charming smile that will melt your heart. May I invite you to a hot, dancing party for two, were I promise, you will fall in love with the DJ too.

Name: Omar Díaz “DJ Dazzi”

Age: 23

Mayor: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: San Juan, Puerto Rico

HC: How did you start in the music industry?

Omar: I was about thirteen years old when I started accompanying my father to support him on his events. Then I started on my own at 16. My musical influences include Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Eric Prydz and many others.

HC: Do you think of it as a long term career or merely as a hobby? 

Omar: I’ve been working in this industry for almost eight years; it has been more like a hobby rather than a career. Recently, I produced my first track with a friend (Leandro Garcia) “Snooze.” It’s really hard work to assemble the ideas together in order to deliver to a message to your fans.

HC: Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

Omar: I see myself as leader on engineering and business management of a successful company.

HC: What quality do you value the most in people?

Omar: Their sympathy toward others.

HC: What is your biggest fear?

Omar: Not to be able to accomplish everything I pursue

HC: What would you like to be written on your tomb?

Omar: “Never give up, there is no such thing as an ending just a new beginning” 

Want more? Go check out his electrifying tunes at Sound Cloud!

Former Chief Editor and Campus Correspondent at the Her Campus UPRM chapter of the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez. Writing in NYC, living the dream.
Her Campus at UPRM