Fall Essentials: Must-Haves to Make it Through the Semester

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Autumn is by far my favorite season — mainly because it’s my birthday.  However, in Puerto Rico, fall is just another season before our treasured Christmas time.  Instead of autumn leaves, we get hurricane season, tropical storms and midterms.  Thankfully, Her Campus has us covered!  This week we received our Fall Survival Kits, curated for the season, filled with goodies aimed at making us feel and look our best.  Who said you can’t look cute and ace those midterms?

Here are the things that are making us shine this week:

1. Our Erin Condren planners have helped us stay on top of our demanding schedules.

Stylish and beautifully decorated with positive messages throughout, yet incredibly useful!!!

2. Hi-Chew Candy that mends broken hearts.

A strawberry flavored Hi-Chew provides a quick pick-me-up of sugar to keep you awake and peppy throughout the day.  It’s hard to even pick a favorite flavor of this candy. Our team enjoyed these sweet treats during our meetings and took as many as they could!    

3. Aeropostale made sure our outfits slayed with all of these cute accessories!

4. Steripod made sure we had clean toothbrushes and our essentials at hand.

We got some very useful covers for our toothbrushes to keep them clean and fuzz free, but we also go these cute pouches that are perfect for travel or even as pencil cases.

5. With little time to go tan at the beach–winter break please come soon!–with L’oreal’s Sublime Bronze you can keep your skin bronzed and radiant through the fall.

6. Spindrift kept us refreshed during this post-hurricane heat.

Healthy and delicious lemon and mango-flavored sparkling water that is good in any season.

7. Bed Head by Tigi

With everything on our plates (exams, homework, meetings, and errands, among other tasks), waking up early to do our hair isn’t always feasible. Thank God, for Bed Head by TIGI’s Masterpiece hairspray and Dirty Secret dry shampoo!  With these products, it’s easy to get ready in less than 20 minutes and look fresh.  

We don’t have time to fix our hair in the mornings but Bed Head by TIGI makes sure we keep it together.

8. Freeman Beauty

Nothing like having five minutes of relaxation with these wonderful masks, especially in this stressful midterm season.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM. 
Undergraduate marketing student from the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez. Born & raised in the west coast.
Foodie and traveler, María loves learning new things, immersing herself in culture and history. Although she aspires to become a human rights lawyer, working for the Travel Channel is on her bucket list. Follow María on Instagram (@mariavcebollero) to check out the beautiful landscapes of Puerto Rico and an occasional selfie! Current Vice-President of Her Campus UPRM's Public Relations Team.