5 Short Films You Can Watch on YouTube Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

College is packed with responsibilities and there isn’t always time to relax for two hours and watch an entire movie. Short films, at least, are great for when you’re in a hurry. They have a way of captivating you and giving you the same feelings longer films can, but in a shorter period of time. Here are four short films you can watch on YouTube right now:

1. The Fleeting Little Life of Peter Wright

Peter Wright is contemplating suicide. When he is about to do it, his housemate walks in on him and, realizing what is is going on, tries to talk him out of it. The Fleeting Little Life of Peter Wright takes you on a philosophical and thought-provoking journey that will give you a new perspective on mental illness and the mind’s capacity to prevent and/or instigate it.

2. Dementia

Dementia is an incredibly disturbing horror short film. Hazel Hayes, the creator, uses early 1900s music and setting to create set the scene for this psychological thriller. It focuses on a woman who goes up to an attic and what happens after she turns on a record player.

3. The Imp of the Perverse

This short film is based on the “imp of perverse”, a theory Edgar Allan Poe popularized, described as “an unconscious urge to do the worst possible thing in a given situation,” and Dan has trapped it in his closet. Delving into the psychological basis of this theory, The Imp of the Perverse makes you question where urges really come from and whether you are actually in control of your thoughts and actions.

4. Super Brainy Zombies

Super Brainy Zombies is an original take on zombie movies. It is set in a zombie movie set that gets infested by actual zombies. In the film, the director of the movie and part of her crew stay in a cabin in an attempt to escape the flesh-eating zombies that threaten their lives.

5. Hair and Brimstone

Have you ever wondered how demons in the underworld get their hair done? In Hair and Brimstone we get a closer look at this world and exactly how these unorthodox hair stylists go about their nights at the salon.

English Major with minor in education and art, aspiring writer, foodie, cook, baker, vegetarian, animal lover, Netflixer and indie music enthusiast.
Jennifer Mojica Santana is an undergraduate student at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus (UPRM). She is currently pursuing a degree in English with a concentration in Literature, and minor studies in Project Management and Writing and Communications. Mojica Santana has written for UPRM's chapter of the online magazine Her Campus since March 2015. She served as the chapter's Senior Editor from January 2016 through May 2016. From June 2016 through October 2017, Mojica Santana was the chapter's co-Campus Correspondent and co-Editor-in-Chief. During the summer of 2917, she conducted research at Brown University. Currently, she is a visiting student at Brown University.