This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Yesterday on April 23, 2018, Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, gave birth to her and Prince William’s third child, an 8lb 7oz bouncing baby boy. Fun fact: the new prince is the biggest baby to be born to the Royal Family in over a hundred years.

The baby boy arrived just a month before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s May 19th wedding.

Their new son joins big brother George and big sister Charlotte, and he will be fifth in line for the throne. Prince Harry is now sixth in line for the throne after the birth of his new nephew.

However, two-year-old Princess Charlotte has made history, becoming the first female heir not to lose her spot on the throne line after the birth of another male heir. Traditional royal protocol dictates that Charlotte should have been fifth in line for the throne instead of fourth due to the birth of her new brother, but that tradition has since been revokedage and birth order are now what determines the spot on the throne line.

William and Kate left St. Mary’s Hospital with their newborn son seven hours after the birth. No name has been announced yet, but after George Alexander Louis and Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, it should be no surprise that it will be a mouthful as well.

Update: It has been announced that the baby boy has been named Prince Louis Arthur Charles of Cambridge!

Image Credits:  1, 2, & 3

Gabriela is currently an English Major at the University of Puerto Rico. When she isn't reading fantasy books, she can be found writing them. She is a Vegetarian Hufflepuff that loves zombie fiction, an irony in itself. An aspiring filmmaker, she one day dreams of winning an Oscar for her films.