This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

After Hurricane Maria left us in despair, we have to admit we need some time to ourselves; some sweet sweet me time to get us through the mess that’s our island right now. For that, we’ve created this complete guide so you can just take some time, sit back, and relax in the daylight or with that sweet flashlight glow. 

1. Set the tone with a mask

We all know that with little water, there’s not much time left to wash our faces every day, which is why face masks are great for doing deep work, under little time and Freeman Beauty has come to our rescue. For a glowing face, try Rejuvenating Cucumber + Pink Salt Clay Mask, for a detox Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud, and for a deep cleansing Manuka Honey + Tea Tree Oil Clay Mask + Cleanser. Or you can always just use all of them and leave people wondering how you achieved such perfect skin. 

Our chapter contributor, Ileana, raved about the Charcoal mask, “THIS IS AMAZING! The mask goes on without any mess. Feels warm, and you don’t have to leave it on for more than 7 minutes so it’s perfect for a quick midweek pick me up. The fact that you scrub it off afterwards leaves your skin feel absolutely reborn. Highly recommend.

2. Organize your life

While you let that sweet mask work wonders on your face, it’s the perfect time to grab Erin Condren’s Hardbound LifePlanner. Jot down all your hopes and dreams, and all you wish to accomplish once this post-Maria crazy is done with. Feel like ultimate royalty while you pencil in that date or that lunch with your girl friends. 

3. Snack while you mask

Halloween may be past overdue, but it’s never too late to eat some delicious candy, especially now when you can get away with eating anything you want. Everyday is “treat yourself day”, because, why not? HI-CHEW has got you covered with their candies in flavors like Grape, Cherry, Banana, Strawberry, Mango, Green Apple, and Kiwi. And with no cholesterol, no gluten, and no trans fat, they’re practically guilt-free!

Agnes had to say, “These candies are FIRE!” 

4. Down it with some bubbly

It may not be champagne, but it still tastes as good as it sounds! Spindrift gives you the first sparkling water made with real juice. Now, save this delicious drink for that special moment when you have ice because it’s best served chilled!

One of our veteran contributors, Nahir, mentioned, “It’s so versatile because you can drink it as a treat, or as hangover remedy thanks to the fizz!

5. L’Oreal your skin into perfection

After removing the mask, give your thirsty skin a drink with Hydra Genius. The next step on the road to absolute bliss, is giving your skin that glow that the beach just can’t for now. Going to the beach is hard work now, because there’s a low chance of not being able to wash the salt off your body, so if a tan is what you’re looking for, try the Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Towelettes for a quick, streak-free self tan, or for a more Pro tan, Sublime Bronze ProPerfect Salon Airbrush Mist

6. Love thy locks

There’s no use in looking after your skin, if your hair doesn’t look good to adorn your sweet head. If you’re looking to try some new hair cocktails, Bed Head by TIGI has got the ingredients. Style your hair with hold and protect it from humidity with Masterpiece Shine Hairspray. Absorb excess oil with Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo. Get a strong hold and conditioning with Hard Head Hairspray, and for sky high volume try Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo, it’ll leave your locks feeling soft and your scalp less greasy.

Gabriela had the chance to speak with Lin Manuel Miranda at our university earlier this week. “The morning of the event, I sprayed some [Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo] on my scalp,” she says, “and brushed it like there was no tomorrow and voilá! Obviously Lin Manuel didn’t smell my hair, but at least I looked put together while he talked directly to me.

7. Smile to the world

Now brush your teeth because who knows if after this you’ll be meeting the love of your life. Just don’t forget to store your toothbrush properly and to keep it fresh, and be sure you take your toothbrush. Steripod has got you covered with their cute color-coded  toothbrush clip protectors!

8. Seal the deal with denim

You’ve done it, my friend. You’ve made it this far, and before you take one last look in the mirror, grab the best pair of jeans you’ve ever worn, which Aeropostale is sure to help you find your jean-mate. 

Lover of singing, dancing and reading. I like spending my free time binge watching series that have too many seasons, fangirling over female pop icons and watching makeup tutorials. Social media is one of my passions and I aspire to be the best publicity/public relations specialist. Always bold & brave.