A Playlist to Love & Self-Empowerment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Valentine’s Day often centers around the couples, the friends and maybe a family member or two – probably your parents – and quite honestly that’s not the most important part. An essential piece of any relationship is you. That is why, if you don’t practice self-love, then you really should. Loving yourself is key for you to have long, affectionate and memorable relationships.

Here are some empowering songs along with favorite phrases that should be played on a loop:

Body Of My Own ; Charli XCX

“Got my darkness. I’m into myself, don’t need you. Cause I’m gone, so high”

Believe In Me ; Demi Lovato

“I don’t wanna be afraid, I wanna wake up feeling beautiful..today. And know that I’m okay, cause everyone’s perfect in unusual ways. So you see, I just wanna believe in me”

Scars To Your Beautiful ; Alessia Cara

“You should know you’re beautiful just the way you are. And you don’t have to change a thing. The world could change its heart. No scars to your beautiful, we’re stars and we’re beautiful”

Who Says ; Selena Gomez

“I’m sure you got some things you’d like to change about yourself. But when it comes to me, I wouldn’t want to be anybody else.”

Who You Are ; Jessie J

“Don’t lose who you are in the blur of the stars! Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing, it’s okay not to be okay. Sometimes it’s hard to follow your heart. Tears don’t mean you’re losing, everybody’s bruising, just be true to who you are!

On My Own ; Miley Cyrus

“I can do anything, yeah. And I’ll do it on my own, I will get it done with the help from no one. I came into this world by myself, so I don’t need nobody else”

The Climb ; Miley Cyrus

“The struggles I’m facing, the chances I’m taking. Sometimes might knock me down, but no, I’m not breaking.”

Little Me ; Little Mix

“Go back in time and maybe listen to my own advice. I’d tell her to speak up, tell her to shout out, talk a bit louder, be a bit prouder. Tell her she’s beautiful, wonderful, everything she doesn’t see,”

Good Enough ; Little Mix

“Release your curse. ‘Cause I know my worth. Those wounds you made are gone. You ain’t seen nothing yet”

Try ; Colbie Caillat

“You don’t have to try so hard. You don’t have to give it all away. You just have to get up,”

Double Major Student in Human Resources and Marketing Management. She loves Social Networks, Netflix and spending time with books once in a while. She is the oldest of three children therefore she is very responsible, humble and driven. On her spare time she manages to find time to talk to a camera over at her Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/AshleyMarie9521. She wants to change the world, doesn't know how yet but she wants to. "Live like you're at the bottom, even if you're at the top."