Lorelai Gilmore Gives You Advice on Life: Chapter 1

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Lorelai Victoria Gilmore is a single mom who got pregnant at 16 but didn’t lose that youth and sparkle. She’s addicted to coffee and, as a side effect of having been a teen in the 80’s, uses a LOT of pop culture references. She is someone who doesn’t cook and lives out of take-out, junk food, and Luke’s Dinner, habits that have been passed down to her daughter Lorelai “Rory” Gilmore. She’s a lover of old movies and a victim of bad luck with relationships or a victim of bad timing along with bad decisions. I think we can all relate to that. But because all of those life experiences is that Lorelai Gilmore is not only relatable but can help you along in life.

Well, that should’ve given you an idea of who I am. I don’t know who wrote it but I should add hot and with gorgeous blue eyes, not that matters. Anyhow, let’s go to the advice part.

If I had to choose what the most important thing someone needs to start a day is that would be positivity. Being positive about life, about work, even being positive about your day will change everything. When you have a positive outlook you’ll notice a difference in your life. The colors will be brighter, and more beautiful, I know it sounds silly but it’s like a good cup of coffee in the morning.

When you’re having positive thoughts your outlook on life will be of joy and happiness you’ll be all smiles that day. Some people say that being joyful even helps them with their posture, the way you carry yourself like Miss USA but without the falling. Appreciate every day, find something to be joyful about, especially the days you feel down and without motivation, find something to help you keep going through the day. It can be hard to remain in a positive mindset, but the more you try, the easier it becomes.

I get it, we all have those days.

But it could be something super deep like Coelho’s brain or extremely small like a post on social media that made you smile or laugh, remember that post throughout the day everytime you feel down, it will make you smile and get back on track.

Until next time!