The Incredibles 2 Trailer is Finally Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Everyone gather around!

Grab your capes (or not, capes are deadly), masks, and super-suits because it is time.

After fourteen years in the making, we finally got our first sneak peek at the highly anticipated sequel of The Incredibles.

It was a very simple trailer, but it was more than enough to get our inner child excited and hyped up. The teaser shows little Jack-Jack playing with his newfound superpowers, thus creating the new logo for the film.

As everyone knows, at the ending of the first Incredibles, it is revealed that the youngest Parr/Incredible family member indeed had superpowers, after spending the entire film not showing any signs of them. In a bonus scene in the DVD of the first movie, you can actually watch the first moment that Jack-Jack uses his powers and terrorizes his babysitter, Carrie. Ah, good memories.

After  Jack Jack creates new logo appears, we finally see everyone’s favorite superhero dad celebrate his youngest son’s powers before the latter shoots lasers out of his eyes and burns part of his Mr. Incredible’s hair off.

In times of great distress, knowing that everyone’s favorite superhero family is finally returning has given everyone a sense of joy and happiness. There is nothing better than going to the movie theater with a bucket of popcorn and watching a Disney Pixar film.

Honestly, the first week of The Incredibles 2 should be reserved for all of us young adults and adults that have waited the full fourteen years. We do not need children talking loudly while we watch Frozone arguing with his wife about where his super suit is again!

Petition to make The Incredibles 2 an adults-only film for at least two weeks. Let’s make it happen, people, we waited long enough! What did you think about the trailer?

Or if you haven’t seen the trailer yet, you can watch it here.

Gabriela is currently an English Major at the University of Puerto Rico. When she isn't reading fantasy books, she can be found writing them. She is a Vegetarian Hufflepuff that loves zombie fiction, an irony in itself. An aspiring filmmaker, she one day dreams of winning an Oscar for her films.