Hey, It’s Okay If…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Oh, c’mon, did you think you were the only one on campus with these little secrets or guilty pleasures? No way! We here at HCUPR think it’s totally okay if:

1.  … you wear boots on campus.

No one is judging your fashion taste! You rock those boots as if they were custom-made and designer. Who cares if you sweat in them as you walk in the hot weather? All sweaty and stinky… Oh well! Boots are always in while hot weather is so yesterday.

2.  … to come to class sweaty.

Maybe even a little smelly. It’s not your fault the trolley doesn’t reach the building you’re supposed to go to or doesn’t come at the time you need it to. No one can blame you for walking form the Architecture building all the way to Plaza Universitaria. It happens. Work that sweaty gleam like Britney Spears did in her infamous I’m A Slave 4 U music video.

3.  … to get to class a couple minutes early just because there’s air conditioning.

Have you felt the humidity outside lately? We all need those extra minutes of air conditioning to cool down. We’ve all been there and smelled that. 

4.  … to use the trolley.

Feel free to jump on and smile at all the random people walking while sweating in the heat. And don’t forget to jam to the salsa playing in the trolley.

5. …. to think of vending machines as your all-you-can-eat buffet.

We’ve all had those back-to-back classes that run without giving us a normal break to eat. So if you pass by a vending machine and get yourself a cheap lunch, we understand. We do it too. All day. Everyday.

6.  … to still be celebrating the beginning of the semester.

So what if we started almost a month ago? The semester isn’t actually a semester until someone has to hand in an assigment.

7.  … to openly stare at a hottie while passing them.

Staring is a compliment. Just don’t be a creep. Stare away, my friends. Here’s to hoping you’ll have class with them one day!

8.  … to wonder about the older people taking a class with you.

We’ve all stared and made up a story in our heads about why they are taking the course. Remember that it’s never too late to learn. Don’t judge a book by its cover, even though you’ll probably do it anyways.

9.  … to ask the same question someone else just asked in class.  

It’s not your fault you had a Facebook notification that needed to be read. So, professor, don’t give me that look. I had a social media emergency.

10.  … to not like anyone in your class.

Freshmen can be frustrating. Slackers can be frustrating. Taking an early class can be frustrating. Taking a class when you’d rather be taking a nap can be frustrating. People who talk too much can be frustrating. Don’t look at me.

Leyla Javadova is an Azerbaijani polyglot currently studying at the University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras Campus. Besides always being there for her loved ones, Leyla loves to pass her time in a small local coffee shop, drinking her extra sweet cup of freshly brewed coffee while listening to Lana Del Rey. Leyla enjoys writing about lifestyle, health, fitness, and dating advice. You can reach Leyla on Facebook or follow her on Instagram: @leyjavz