This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Memorable Event

Thank you to all chapter members and special guests who joined Her Campus UPR at Saturday night’s release party. In case you missed it, here’s a recap on some of the fun moments!

Nearly thirty people gathered in the Aqua Lounge, where the room buzzed with chatter of sangría, wine and hors d’oeuvres. The food was awesome and the drinks were flowing. The guests enjoyed every minute of our mixer. 

All in all, the event seemed pretty successful. Not only did a lot of people show up, but a bunch submitted suggestions for Her Campus UPR! So for those of you who couldn’t make it, stay tuned for another event. 

The Highlights

President, Founder & Editor-in-Chief Suzzette M. Martínez spoke to the chapter members and guests about Her Campus UPR’s goals and objectives.

Team members introduced themselves to the guests! Event Coordinator & Marketing Specialist Deborah Flores shared views on how she is contributing to the Her Campus UPR Chapter. While Vice-President & Photo Blog Specialist Melissa Hernández, News Specialist Karla Soto, and Staff Writers Ruth Vélez and Cristina Pérez Reyes furnished the guests talking about what Her Campus UPR is all about. 

The party went down and we introduced this great new platform to the student chapter members and guests. With respect to our intention and plans to execute Her Campus UPR, we now are on the lookout for new partnerships! 

*The pictures were taken from: Samuel Nemir Olivares

Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!