Campus Cutie: Rocío Del Mar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

She is the embodiment of a laidback sweetheart, while still attaining all of her goals, meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Rocío del Mar: 

Name: Rocío del Mar Ortíz Sepúlveda

Age: 18

Classification: 2nd Year

Fave Food: Breakfast food (all day, every day).

Major: Environmental Design 

Hobbies: Watching movies, listening to music, and reading. (And hustling, never forget the hustle)

Relationship Status: in a relationship

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius 

HCUPR: How would you describe yourself in three words?

Rocío: Curious, restless, and adventurous.

HCUPR: Where do you see yourself in the future?

Rocío: Busy, focused, and productive at what I do; my way on my own pace. I like to always be learning and moving toward a vision (which will always grow and change over time).

HCUPR: How do you spend most of your free time?

Rocío: I don’t have too much free time from my responsibilities but when I do, I enjoy putting some good music on while I have a good conversation with good company. Bonus if there’s good food. This is my preferred way to spend my time.

HCUPR: What do you look for in a partner?

Rocío: [*insert description on my very dear homie-(boyfriend) here* He’s really kick ass.]

He needs to challenging and be an inspiration for me. Someone who is independent and fully unapologetic; he needs to know how he wants to live his life; to just be. He should know how to laugh and enjoy making others laugh, too. #GottaFindTheFunnyInThisLife #MostImportantThing

What’s your idea of a perfect date?

Rocío: Really easygoing without a fixed plan. Example: Going to the beach (basically being in the outdoors, emphasis on the sea!) + snacks (optional) + good dialogue = Rocío is a happy gal.

HCUPR: What are some words you live by? (Motto)

Rocío: “Forever Pimpin’ , never slippin’ “.  I had a professor in Senior Year on High School that on the last exam, as a personal goodbye he left us this quote: “Sueña lo que quieras soñar, se lo que quieras ser, ve a donde quieras ir …¡VIVE!”.

HCUPR: Who is a person you really admire and why?

Rocío: My maternal grandfather, he has gone through a lot and he is still the most humble, tender, wise, critical, patient, smiling person that I know.  He is exceptional. #EternallyMySpiritAnimal

HCUPR: What have you learned so far at La Iupi?

Rocío: I am voluntarily in the university context for learning. Therefore, much of that is my responsibility; having the courage to want to know, do, and be. Not only for my growth as an individual but as a productive citizen for and in our society.

Madelyn is an undergraduate Marketing Management student at the University of Puerto Rico- Río Piedras Campus. She is a multitasking genius who can tame Wild beasts while baking cookies. On the pink side of things, she has been a contributor for the UPR chapter since September 2014 and on May 2016 became Campus Correspondent of the UPR chapter.