This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Let’s face it, with the amount of food we eat on Thanksgiving, we want to feel comfortable. Especially with relatives who insist on asking intimate questions about your life. In spite of that, it’s the holidays so we still want to dress better than we usually do. Besides, it isn’t every day that we have this special occasion.

Thanksgiving is a day dedicated to spending time with your loved ones and being grateful for everything we have. So, why not take advantage of the opportunity and have fun with your outfit? Here are some ideas on what to incorporate into your look. These are comfortable and fashionable at the same time.

1. Skirts

Source: Pinterest

Skirts are versatile and they’re a perfect option for your outfit. I suggest a pleated skirt for these holidays. Not only is the pleated skirt trendy, but it’s perfect for the hot weather we’re having. You can dress it up with heels or dress it down with sneakers and a t-shirt. It’s comfortable and perfect for special activities this holiday season.

2. Block Heels

Source: Pinterest

If you hate high heels, like me, this is the perfect shoe. It’s fancier than flats but they’re not as hard to walk in as heels. You can also have a similar effect with small heeled boots or block-heeled sandals. Plus, you can wear them with anything from jeans to dresses and your feet won’t be begging for freedom after half an hour.

3. Dress  

Source: Pinterest

A dress really is a no-brainer. It’s comfortable, cool and you can wear them with any kind of shoe. But the best part is that you won’t have to unbutton your skinny jeans when your stomach is bloated after eating two plates of food. If it isn’t too hot you can also add a jacket or cardigan to add something more layers to the outfit.

4. Overalls

Source: Pinterest

Overalls come in different shape and sizes. They can be a dress, shorts, or long pants. If you want a more girly look, go for the dress style or if you prefer the tomboy style, pants are the way to go. You can also get creative with the top underneath by adding your own personal touch. No matter what you decide you will look casual and stylish with an overall.

5. Brocade Booties

Source: Pinterest

These boots are a perfect statement piece and add an elegant touch. You can take advantage of its lovely details by matching the colors on the shoes with your accessories for a balanced and tied up outfit. You will look very chic and picture perfect with these trendy boots.

I hope these ideas inspire your Thanksgiving outfit, so you spend less time worrying about what to wear and spend more time on enjoying the day. It doesn’t matter if you’re having a family dinner or a Friendsgiving, what matters is that you’re surrounded by people who love you. Having a fashionable and comfortable outfit is just a plus and maybe one more thing to be thankful for when it’s time to take pictures.