This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Want a way to pass time in traffic without dangerously watching Netflix in your car? Keep hearing your friends and family talk about these weird Internet radio shows called podcasts? Well, for those of you dabbling in the world of podcasts but don’t know where to start, here’s a go-to list to get going.

I personally always recommend funny podcasts for people that are first getting into the platform. They’re an easy type of podcast to listen to and definitely entertaining. If you’re an OG youtuber fan and love a good time with random conversations that don’t go too deep into serious topics, Not Too Deep by Grace Helbig is the podcast for you. It was one of the first podcasts I started listening to many years ago and to this day it is a great way to pass an hour listening to the great Grace Helbig and her humor spread across the structure of the show.

This one is EXPLICIT in every sense of the word so definitely not something for everyone. My Dad Wrote a Porno is based on a BBC radio host that found out that his dad (under a different name) published “erotic literature” and just HAD to read it out with his two best mates. Every episode equals a chapter of the book and every season is one book (because yes, his dad wrote terrible erotic literature for multiple books). It’s absolutely hilarious and dark humor that is perfect for those that love making fun of bad fanfiction. Plus, it’s become so popular that many famous celebrities, including the likes of Ben Barnes and Daisy Ridley, have guest starred on the show!

For those of you who are die-hard “Rick and Morty” fans or just love talking about the struggle for minorities and diversity in the TV writing industry, this is the perfect podcast for you. Starring “Rick and Morty” creator Dan Harmon and one of the top writers on the show Jessica Gao, Whiting Wongs is incredibly honest and gets down to the nitty-gritty in the funniest way possible. Love or hate “Rick and Morty”, this is a great and insightful podcast to listen to!

For the more general knowledge listeners, Do Go On is a fact-based podcast where three comedians take turns to research and report on a topic chosen by the listeners. They talk about everything from J.K. Rowling to Chernobyl to The Great Emu War. There is something for everyone and no shortage of funny moments in this podcast AND you are learning something new in the process. Plus, the hosts (Matt Stewart, Dave Warneke, and Jess Perkins) are super nice and like to talk to the fans on social media!

Last but certainly not least, is a bit of shameless self-promo. Beautiful Losers is for all of you geeks out there that love anything and everything superheroes and comic books (a vast amount of fandoms are also covered), this is a great place to start. Starring two students from this campus, M-Coast, and Iris, this show fills you in on the latest comic book movie news along with a weekly theme in a casual and fun way so you don’t miss a thing.

These recommendations are solid but also just the tip of the iceberg! There’s an entire world of podcasts out there with many varying genres from hard-hitting news to comedies to full-fledged fictional series! Don’t be afraid to venture out and come back for more future podcast picks.

A business major in marketing and accounting at UPR-RP in her third year, co-host of Beautiful Losers podcast on iTunes, and owner of local online t-shirt business AIMM.