Profile of Lizzy Spangler: UNT Blogger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Lizzy Spangler is a book blogger and a contributor at FlockU.com that will be a panelist at Her Campus UNT’s Blogger UNiTe Dinner on March 31.

Introduce Yourself

I am a freshman at UNT and I’ve blogged for about 3 years. I’m on a bit of a hiatus right now because of school but I’m also writing for FlockU.com. I’m majoring in journalism with minors in history and political science.

How Did You Get Into Blogging?

I’ve been a reader my entire life so deciding to blog about books was an easy decision. My mom was always telling me I should start a blog so one day I actually did. I started my book blog on Blogger during my freshman year in high school and have been blogging pretty much ever since.

How And Why Did You Choose to Blog About Books?

Books were the natural decision for me because I love to read and talk about books I read, especially YA (young adult) and NA (new adult). Plus, I don’t really know much about the other things that people blog about like fashion, beauty, etc.

What’s Your Favorite Part About Blogging?

I didn’t realize this before I started blogging but there’s a huge blogging community and a large book blogging community and the entire group is just really supportive and nice. There are so many avenues to get advice from bloggers and book bloggers and it’s just great to be a part of such a supportive community.

Any Advice for Bloggers?

My biggest advice is to try and avoid the numbers. You can get caught up in how many likes or page views you get which can mess with your head. If you enjoy blogging and what you’re posting about, then just enjoy it and don’t stress about how many people follow you or the page views your blog has. It’s hard but it’s important.

Lizzy Spangler will be a panelist at Her Campus UNT’s Bloggers UNiTe dinner so RSVP now!

UNT '20 | Journalism Major | Writer | @HerCampusUNT Contributor | INFJ | Ravenclaw | Nerd | lizzyspangler.com
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.