sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

People’s Best and Worst Memories of Their Ex

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Most of us can’t go through life without heartbreak. We all have memories of our exes, some pleasant and some terrible. So I decided to interview some UNT students their best and worst memories they have of previous exes. Here are some of their responses:

Matthew Melanson

Worst Memory:

“When she started crying because I couldn’t see her because I was taking care of my grandpa when he was sick.”

Best Memory:

“It would either be whenever we would go to like a Steak and Shake and just talk, or when she bought me a lightsaber for my birthday, I love Star Wars.”

Anonymous

Worst Memory:

“Worst memory is when he would give me the silent treatment and ignore me when if I ever did something to annoy him.”

Best Memory:

“Best was when he would go out of his way to do the little things I really enjoy and would spend time with me.”

Sara Alirezaei

Worst Memory:

“He got jealous of one of my guy friends and made a scene. My friend was a bit touchy and flirty with me because that’s just how he was with everyone, and nobody ever had a problem with it. My ex literally pulled my friend aside and told him that we were dating. There were other friends of ours around when he did it, and everyone ended up hearing it. It was embarrassing for me because looking back, I wasn’t really that into him.”

Best Memory:

“The best would be when we went to see a show together. He had gotten us tickets to a touring production of Rent so we got to go and see it one night. He hadn’t seen or heard of the play before, I had only seen the movie, but we both really enjoyed it.”

Hunter Wilkerson

Worst Memory:

“One of my exes left me for another guy. I guess she ended up meeting someone else who made her feel better.”

Best Memory:

“My best was I had my ex stay over at my house overnight. It was almost like a domestic living thing. Having dinner, watching movies, sleeping in the same bed, it was great.”

Sistina Gray

Worst Memory:

“My worst memory was when I walked in on him having sex with my best friend.”

Best Memory:

“Going to a Panic at the Disco! concert with him. It was his first concert so we had a lot of fun.”

Jessica McCue

Worst Memory:

“My ex-boyfriend and I had just had a huge fight in the middle of the night, I can’t even remember what the fight was about, but I started accusing him of not loving me and not caring about me and he walked out of the room and yelled at me to leave.”

Best Memory:

“We had only been dating for a month when we decided to take a spontaneous trip to Galveston. When we got there the first night we went out to the beach and sat on the sand. I leaned back into his chest and could hear his heartbeat over the crashing waves of the ocean. I felt so safe and peaceful just sitting there having him hold me.”

In conclusion, while we do have bad memories of our exes, it’s important that we learn from them and use them to find people we’re better off with. The good memories can be nice to reminisce on, but we can make more in the future until we finally find the right one for us.

I am a writer for Her Campus UNT and very excited to create fun and interactive articles for many to read! I am a journalism major at UNT and hoping to find a career in writing!
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.