Netflix Shows For Your Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Summer is almost here, and this means binge watching Netflix. Below I have listed some shows that are often overlooked. However, they are so so good. Grab some popcorn and enjoy! You won’t regret it.

The Fosters – This show features an in depth look into a lesbian foster family dynamic. This show is emotional and deeply moving. Watch the life of this family unravel, for better or for worse. Soon, you’ll feel as if you are apart of a new family!

Jane the Virgin – This show follows the life of a quirky and smart minded girl named Jane. The show gets its name when Jane is accidentally, artificially inseminated. Her quirky personality gets her through (most) challenges she faces as a new mother.

Reign – This show focuses on the kingdoms prevalent during the Victorian era. This riveting show follows the power struggle between the European nations. The drama is intoxicating, and will lead you wanting more each episode.

The 100 – This show covers a post-apocalyptic world. The only survivors are those on 12 international space stations. The fate of the human race is in their hands. What will the future of earth hold? Watch this show and you will find out.

Narcos – This show follows a major leader of a Columbian drug cartel. The United States intervenes and the drama is captivating. Also, this show is based on true events. This basically makes the show historical.

Marissa is an Communications Design major at University of North Texas. She aspires to positively use her artistic abilities to create Advertisements and/or Marketing materials that convey a strong message.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.