Madison Perez: A Light at the End of the Tunnel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Madison Perez is a speech language pathology major, human development and family studies minor, and has something big coming up on her horizon…graduation! So, what is her plan?

1. What does UNT mean to you?

UNT will always be the place where I found who I wanted to be as a person. I learned a lot at this university and I’m proud to say that I survived the construction!

2. Your best college experience so far?

This is the hardest question, there have been so many wonderful experiences that college gave me that’s it’s hard to pick which one is the best! But I would have to say that meeting lifelong friends has been pretty amazing. 

3. What’s the greatest lesson college has taught you so far?

College taught me to be who I am and stand up for what I believe it. UNT is filled with a diverse population and it taught me to be open to new perspectives and opinions.

4. What’s your biggest inspiration?

The knowledge that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

5. How does it feel to be a senior?

Terrifying but also exciting. It’s very bittersweet.

6. What do you plan on doing after graduation?

Hopefully I can get a job as a Speech Therapy Assistant!

7. What is speech pathology?

Speech pathology studies the disorders and treatments of clients with speech and language impairments. It’s so much more than what most people think.

8. What do you love most about being a speech pathology major?

What’s not to love? Speech pathology is a field full of different opportunities! I love that I have a wide range of options to work in and clients to choose from.

9. Advice you would give to your newcomers in the Speech Pathology Major?

Study hard and fall in love with the world of speech pathology!

10. Advice you would give to incoming freshman?

Don’t be scared and don’t blink because 4 years flies by faster than you think!​

Kelly is a junior at the University of North Texas, studying interdisciplinary Studies and Spanish. When not blogging, she enjoys cooking, online shopping, pinteresting up a storm, and exploring both Denton and her hometown of Dallas. You can follow along with her adventures on Instagram or see what's she's pinning lately on Pinterest, she's @kellysredmond on both.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.