Life Lessons From Tina Belcher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

If you have watched the popular adult TV series, Bob’s Burgers, then you’re aware of who Tina Belcher is. If not, Tina Belcher is an awkward, creative teenager with a hopeless romantic mind and a strong love for horses, zombies, and butts. While she is quirky, Tina is confident and considers herself, “a smart, strong, sensual woman.” The female audience of Bob’s Burgers can learn many things from her, so here is a list of lessons we can all learn from Tina Belcher:

1. Don’t mind what other people think. The only opinion that matters about yourself should be yours, and you are pretty great.

2. It is okay to express yourself.

Everyone is unique and has their own interests, so don’t be afraid to show them- even if it means writing freaky friend fictions.

3. Be confident in yourself.

It’s not vain to think that you’re beautiful or interesting; having high self-confidence can help you achieve your goals and make you feel better about yourself overall.

4. Don’t be afraid to make the first move.

It’s the twenty-first century! Women have the right to ask others out just as a man does.

5. You can still enjoy hobbies from your youth.

Just because you’re getting older doesn’t mean you have to give up some of your interests. If you still enjoy singing along to Disney songs as much as I do, then go for it!

6. It’s okay to have a strong sex drive. 

No slut shaming! If you have a strong sex drive, don’t be afraid to be comfortable with yourself and explore while you’re young. Just remember to stay safe!

7. You should always go after what you want. 

Whether it’s a career, a crush, or anything that interests you, don’t be afraid to set your mind towards something and work for it.

So thank you, Tina Belcher, for inspiring us to look at butts like nobody’s watching.

I am a writer for Her Campus UNT and very excited to create fun and interactive articles for many to read! I am a journalism major at UNT and hoping to find a career in writing!
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.