This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Her heart. Her compassion. Her wisdom. That is what Jade Jackson wants to be remembered for. These are all traits that she says she learned from her mother. She considers her mother to be the greatest influence on her life. Adopted as a baby, she lived a blessed life because her parents did everything that they could to provide for her and ensure her success.

“They are great people. They produced a legend.” Jackson said of her parents.

The 23 year old has dreams of becoming a news or entertainment reporter to start off her career. Eventually she plans on going into public relations in order to provide a more stable life for her kids and husband in the future.

“People want to be in LA and New York hitting the big time. I just want to be a reporter on KLTV 7 in Tyler, Texas just so my parents can watch me on tv.” Jackson said.

Jackson has just started a new public relations internship in Lewisville, Texas but this is not her first rodeo. This summer she completed an internship for the creative services department for CBS 11. Here, is where she says she learned, not only about the field, but about herself as well.

“I was told I was the only intern to ever produce work to be aired in a top five market. I created promotional ID’s for their summer campaigns to promote their TXA21 shows.” Jackson said.

As a senior at the University of North Texas, Jackson is involved in many organizations on campus. She is a writer for UNT’s chapter of Her Campus, a member of NABJ Nationally, an anchor for the “Let’s Talk North Texas” morning show, an opinion writer for NTDaily, and a reporter for “Nightly News”. She attempted to join UNT’s chapter of NABJ but was apparently discouraged.

“I remember crying because I couldn’t figure out why they didn’t like me. I didn’t want to believe it was because of my drive and them being jealous.” Jackson confessed.

She did not allow the actions of her peers to discourage her, though. In five years she guarantees that everyone will know her name.

“Plan B’s means you didn’t have faith in Plan A”. Jade said.

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.