How to Eat Fruit if You Hate Fruit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Not all of us like to eat healthy, but there are ways around the bland fruit and vegetables so we can still get the nutrition we need. 

Make a smoothie. You’d be surprised how many people forget this is an option for eating fruits and vegetables. It’s quick, easy, and delicious. If you don’t have time to make one yourself, visit a Jamba Juice or Smoothie King to get your fruit servings for the day. Trust me, it’s worth it!

Use them as toppings. Now, this only counts if what you’re topping isn’t five pounds of ice cream. But adding strawberries or apples or other fruits on top of your breakfast cereal, salad, or even some savory dishes makes them more flavorful as a whole but also gets them into your system! 

Make popsicles. Yup, you read this right. Freeze your fruit with juice, honey, and a little bit of sugar and you’ve got yourself a nutritious but delicious snack. Not only is this key in hot, summer months, but it’s a good late-night study snack to keep up your energy, too! 

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.