Her Campus College Fashion Week: Chicago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Her Campus Fashion Week marks their fifth year they’ve hosted the event nationwide. Annually, they travel to different states to host the occasion and showcase campus fashion for collegiate women. Any brand can present their looks and collaborate to rock their pieces on the runway. Help sponsored by many different brands like Bertha, Fitbit, Stylewatch, Rebecca Minkoff, and more, the event is a college girl’s utopia for all things trendy.

Her Campus: Chicago’s Fashion Week is the second to the last location on the annual stop for 2016. Hosted at 1st Ward Events venue in Chop Shop restaurant, the hidden gem was designed with the New York Fashion Week in mind. VIP guests get to sit front row of the runway and enter in first to the numerous booths and tables HC had set up for free to all their guests. 

Makeup artists will sit down anyone willing to test out their products and give away free samples. A red carpet and backdrop is available for all to take professional photographs to remember. Booths and tables of local businesses give out all of their treats and goodies to guests. Attending Her Campus Fashion Week guarantees gift bags well worth up to $900. An example of what one might be gifted would be a coupon for a Bertha Watch worth $100 (Which, a Bertha would usually run around $300 for their classic collection.) 

Chicago’s Fashion Week brought in the categories for the runway: Study Chic, Festival, Rush, and Girls Night out. The ladies rocking the runway are volunteers of real college women who strut with confidence in knowing that everyone is “chic” in their own way. Each of the four categories are separated by a fifteen-minute break. Before, during, and after the event is a great way to socialize and network with different chapters, businesses, and people in general. Chicago’s Fashion Week had an after party at a different venue just for that. 

Senior at The University of North Texas. I made Black UNT my news beat, and haven't been able to sleep since. Love covering all things melanated Mean Green.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.