Coach’s Comeback:The Ultimate Brand for Us Millennials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Miles and Lillian Cahn took a small, family-run business in New York and helped turn it into a fashion empire. Defining “modern luxury” has been the primary goal of the company since it was founded in 1941. Coach wanted to make luxury more meaningful, it is supposed to be “liberating, inviting, and approachable”.

Coach’s New York Fashion Week Highlights Under the direction of CEO Victor Luis and Stuart Vevers “[there] muses [were] the “heroes and heroines” of the glitter rock era”

Source

These looks are for the hardened romantics, the girl that goes to a party in the slip that was underneath her dress.

Source

These looks are for the girl that represents the grit in New York’s glamour. 

Source  

The looks represent 70’s and 80’s glamour defiance. 

Source 

Coach is the New Michael Kors

Vogue is referring to Coach as “the ultimate millennial brand” and here’s why… years ago the director made the decision to take Coach to a younger audience. But everything wouldn’t be all “prairie dresses and varsity jackets”. They didn’t want just the pretty girls they wanted the girl who stood for something and had something to say. They wanted models like Winnie Harlow and girls like Chloe Grace Moretz and Selena Gomez, girls with stories to tell.

Source 

Coach X Selena Gomez

Source

Selena Gomez is a spokeswoman for mental health issues, she is a perfect example of the beauty in imperfections and the importance of owning and conquering your demons. Plus, she has 127 million followers on Instagram making her basically the “ultimate millennial sweetheart”. And her bags are EVERYTHING!!!!

Source 

Coach has just had the comeback of the century! Don’t you remember when you were younger, you died for a Coach purse or wallet and then a few years later you wouldn’t be caught dead holding the thing? Well, times sure have changed because I would give anything for one of these handbags.

Rouge 17

Put the Petal to the Metal 

Swagger 21

The Leader of the Pack

Oh, and ladies pass these looks onto your boyfriends.

Source 

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.