yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Best Fall Activities For You and Your BFF in Dallas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

The weather is getting brisker, the days are getting shorter and the pumpkin spice lattes are available everywhere! You know what that means… it’s time for fall! Are you looking for something new to do for the season? Her Campus from University of North Texas and from Southern Methodist University are here to help. We’ve got you and your BFF covered for fun all over Dallas and Denton.

Decorate for the season! Whether you live with your BFF or not, y’all can always have fun decorating for the fall season together. This can be a relatively cheap process as well: just head to your local dollar store and pick up a few lights, pumpkins and other fall décor to celebrate the season!

Go pumpkin picking! Whether you hold a pumpkin carving contest, bake pumpkin pies or use them for decorations, pumpkin picking is one of the most festive things to do during this time of year. Plus, it provides for a great place to take cute pictures with your friend, your family or even a school organization!

Here’s a list of some pumpkin patches in the DFW metroplex:

Story Book Ranch Pumpkin Patch- McKinney, TX

Pumpkins on the Prairie- Frisco, TX

Pumpkin Patch in the Shed- Dallas, TX

Image via Dallas Arboretum

Go to Autumn at the Arboretum. This year, the Dallas Arboretum is holding a fall festival with thousands of new flowers, plants and activities. General admission prices range from $10-$15, and activities include live music, a costume contest and more! Be sure to check out their website for specific dates these activities will be held.

Photo via 88.5 KVNE

Go to the Texas State Fair. Whether you’re a native Texan or freshly arrived, the State Fair is something you should go to every year. Everything is bigger in Texas, and so is the fair, with fried food, cow contests, art shows, car displays and more attractions than you can imagine. If you don’t go to the State Fair, are you even really a Texan?

September 29- October 22, 2017

Fair Park, Dallas TX

Photo Courtesy of the Dallas Zoo

Head to the Dallas Zoo. Now that it is not a million degrees outside, the zoo is a bearable place again. It’s only $15 to go, which is a good price for a full day of getting to see animals. Find your “Patronus animal” or the one that represents you for one of your best Instagrams of the season. See the leaves change and the lions roar, all in one convenient location.

Photo via Dallas Museum of Art

Go to the DMA for their fall exhibits. The best ones going on right now? Yayoi Kusama, “All the Eternal Love I Have for Pumpkins,” featuring infinity mirrors that make it feel like you’re just surrounded by pumpkins. If that’s not fall enough for you, then nothing ever will be.

Moriah is a Senior at Southern Methodist University majoring in English and Psychology. She is currently the Campus Correspondent of the HCSMU chapter, and has held the positions of Senior Editor, Profile Editor and Associate Editor. She is also a member of the Alpha Xi chapter of Gamma Phi Beta. She loves coffee and satire, and she is not a morning person.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.